Options

Winterizing / Sanitizing pump made simple

Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199

Like most T@B owners on this forum we are all looking for a simple way to winterize and sanitize our plumbing systems.  I just read the new post on “ New Manual for Winterizing 2016 T@B with Alde Heater” which is great!, . Please follow LG’s manual on “how to” there are quite a few great comments and feedback on how to get the air and or RV antifreeze into the system. This seems to be the big question, I just wanted to share a simple and low cost way  to put in air to blow out the lines, or add RV antifreeze , and also put in sanitizer in the spring. Total cost for this is under $15.00. I bought a 1 gal pump-up lawn sprayer, 1- quick connect male garden hose fitting, 2- 5/16” -7/8” hose clamps, and a short piece of ½” ID poly tubing ( you could use ½” pex), I took off the spray wand, heated up the poly tubing with a lighter and slipped it over the sprayer and on to the quick connect fitting, then installed and tightened down the two hose clamps. You just install the fitting on to the city water hook up, pump up  the sprayer, squeeze the handle and the air is pushed into the lines, you will need to do this several times to clear out all of the water. If you want to add RV antifreeze, simply pour it into the sprayer first, then do the above steps, to sanitize the lines in the spring just add bleach water to the sprayer, then do the above steps, please note this does not sanitize the fresh water holding tank. also make sure to mark the sprayer " RV USE ONLY" this way it is not used for any thing else. I just made this about 1 hour ago, I used it on my T@b and it worked great,  let me know what you think.

Thanks,  Shawn

Comments