Options

Anyone want to play "Name that Valve"?

So, I moved my little tank into the garage for the winter, (thanks to the wisdom of LARK and Sgt. John), and it revealed a valve that I could not identify. On the starboard side, just ahead of the wheel.  Anyone?

Emily 
emily . northern ohio . 2015 320s . jeep wrangler

Comments

• Options
    Isn't it the drain valve for your fresh water tank?
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited October 2015
    Yep, that's what it be. Of course mine doesn't look like that, I've lost two valve handles in route. Finally gave up replacing them and use a plyers if I need to drain.
  • Options
    EmyEmy Member Posts: 24
    Okay, thanks, guys. Thought all the drain valves were on the on the driver side, near the Alde.  I haven't crawled under the rig, yet.  Newb.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Emy, for the Alde drain valves, I don't need to crawl underneath our Tab. The water pipe drain valves are under the bench seat, next to the Alde.

There are a few threads in the forum about it, some with pictures, that might help...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    LARKLARK Member Posts: 146
    Looking good Emy! Glad it worked out for you. Now just drain the water using that valve and your set for the winter. ;)
    M@rk and Donn@ : 2015 T@B S Max, Silver/Black, 2008 Toyota Beef Taco DC
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Emy - The fresh water drain valve used to be on the driver's side but they changed it with the 2015 models when they added the larger tank.
  • Options
    EmyEmy Member Posts: 24
    Got it now. Thanks.

Before I brought the tab in the garage, I drained the water lines, the Alde yellow relief valve was open, hot and cold valves were open, had the water pump on, opened the sink, shower faucets, flushed toilet, allowing water to drain into grey (gray) tank. Drained black, then grey tanks. I did not see the fresh water drain valve until I fiddled with my "get her in the garage" quest.  

I am also guilty of adding pink to the fresh water tank.  Tsk. Tsk. Live and learn.

In 'Breakway's Manual' I found schematics for their 2014 that were helpful.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Emmy, it isn't that big of a deal to add pink to the FW tank. I did it last year. I did my first camp out with full hook UPS in the spring, making it easy to run enough water to rinse it our, while opening the drains and grey tank

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Emy,

I will be purposely putting the pink stuff in the fresh water tank next year and then using the water pump to circulate the anitfreeze. Like jkjenn said, it doesn't seem like a big deal to get the pink stuff out on the spring as long as you have a good supply of fresh water to flush it out. After all I went through trying to winterize for the first time this year, I have decided to put the antifreeze in the fresh water tank and pump it through.