Options

Great window sunshade idea.

Comments

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Look good.  I may have to drag Grandma's old sewing machine out of the closet.  Not.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    edited March 2016
    Rather that using a white liner, I double sided mine and i can flip the pattern as my mood changes. Now all I need is the T@B. Jenn, your Mom did a great job, really cute. 

DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    DeeDee said:
    Rather that using a white liner, I double sided mine and i can flip the pattern as my mood changes. Now all I need is the T@B. Jenn, your Mom did a great job, really cute. 

It took me 2 years to find one fabric pattern I liked! She sewed the same pattern on both sides instead of a liner.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I'll look for IU Candy Stripes material this summer!  I might as well be consistent!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna said:
    I'll look for IU Candy Stripes material this summer!  I might as well be consistent!
    You will look like a candy cane!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Not if it says IU on the window shades, too!  I can figure out how to do it in wood, now I need to find soneone to "translate" it to material!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Perfect match in color!! Nice.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    Verna, when it come to Indiana basketball, our daughter graduated from Butler and we cheer for the Dawgs. Alas my mom is a diehard Hoosier so I understand you affinity for red. Meanwhile, were sitting on the bubble & waiting for Selection Sunday. #MarchMadnessRules
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    PITPAT said:

I got the pattern for these off the Yahoo T@B forum. Someone generously posted detailed directions. I made my reversible with classic stripes on one side and girly flowers on the other for when I am "glamping" with Sisters On The Fly. They are held on with 1" elastic and Velcro.  Took me about an hour per panel. I used outdoor fabric from JoAnn (use those 40%coupons!) and UV thread that supposedly lasts longer in the sun. 

Patty Where did you get the table with the pumpkin on it?  Awning looks GREAT
    John
    @PITPAT where did you get the ground rug? It goes perfectly with the awning fabric!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    SebeniusSebenius Member Posts: 5
    Retro fringe giving a nod to our 1967 VWBus awning. Fabric from sailrite.com, fringe found on Etsy. We'll see how the fringe survives the elements!

• Options
    ethelouiseethelouise Member Posts: 32
    Love what everyone has done!  Question about fabric and sun fade/rot:  Have you used outdoor fabric or regular fabrics?  How have they held up?  Have you treated the fabrics with UV block/Scotchgard?  Thanks.
    Margaret, Lynn and D@isy M@y
    2017 S Max
    2016 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    Love what everyone has done!  Question about fabric and sun fade/rot:  Have you used outdoor fabric or regular fabrics?  How have they held up?  Have you treated the fabrics with UV block/Scotchgard?  Thanks.
    You will want some type pf outdoor fabric. I used a 210-denier coated polyester.

• Options
    You are going to better off in terms of selection at a place that specializes in outdoor fabric. I went to Joann's recently and their selection wasn't very good and was more geared towards pillows. Sailrite has a very nice selection. I have ordered a few things from them recently and have been very pleased with their prices and customer service.

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Jenn, I love your fabric!!!  For those that say they're too girly, I have a Packer set.  In the fall my T@B has all Green Bay Packer decor, or any time hubby and/or son are along.  Many make double sided awnings like DeeDee.  I didn't put a backing at all on mine, as I wanted to see the print from the inside.  Some interiors clash with the exterior, so I can see the desire for a white backing.

Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    TABaker said:
    Jenn, I love your fabric!!!  For those that say they're too girly, I have a Packer set.  In the fall my T@B has all Green Bay Packer decor, or any time hubby and/or son are along.  Many make double sided awnings like DeeDee.  I didn't put a backing at all on mine, as I wanted to see the print from the inside.  Some interiors clash with the exterior, so I can see the desire for a white backing.

Mine will not match the interior. I am really happy to have found something that introduces a secondary accent color. My Mom offered to make me pillows out of the spare, but I can't find any chairs to match the turquoise. My new Zero Gravity chair is navy, sadly. I have thought about doing something like you have here for your Packer set for my front window. Do you have any photos of just the frame?

• Options
    tabuloustabulous Member Posts: 13
    My wife came across this thread and wanted me to contact you about where you got the pattern and what are you using for the frame?

2008 T@B Dutchman, 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe, Grand Junction, CO.
    "We Are T@Bulous!"

• Options
    tabulous said:
    My wife came across this thread and wanted me to contact you about where you got the pattern and what are you using for the frame?

Look on page one of this thread and you will find the pattern. With the exception of Crystal's, we are all using just the window as the frame. It will be obvious when you look at the pattern.

• Options
    annphillips6annphillips6 Member Posts: 14
    Seattle Fabrics specializes in outdoor fabrics and has many Sunbrella colors/stripes in stock. From the site: Sunbrella is 100% solution-dyed acrylic fabric.  The name Sunbrella is synonymous with the finest outdoor fabric in the world.  Sunbrella Outdoor Fabric withstands sun, wind, and rain while remaining beautiful for years.  

I live in Seattle, and have shopped there many times, but they also do a huge mail order business. They will also send you swatches of anything you want. Website is: http://www.seattlefabrics.com  (not affiliated in any way, just a big fan of their products)

I purchased the Sunbrella Sunflower Yellow/cream striped awning fabric for our T@B and am making them this week. The Sunflower Yellow matches the yellow trim of out T@B perfectly! You don't necessarily need the stiff awning fabric - any Sunbrella fabric will stand up to weather. I have a walking foot on my machine so can stitch through the stiff awning fabric with a heavier polyester thread (also from Seattle Fabrics) that should withstand the elements.  I'll post pics of my progress!

Ann Logan Phillips
    West Seattle, USA
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Beautiful! :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    TinMTTinMT Member Posts: 10
    Very cheery! I'm shopping for fabric for mine. You all have inspired me.
  • Options
    Roadie_ORoadie_O Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2016
    Done! Very happy with the result  =)
    Love the yellow and white stripes, and your T@b is the same color combo we ordered and are anxiously awaiting! I may have to find a similar fabric.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Nice job!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RonRon Member Posts: 137
    How do you make the support frame?
    2016 T@B MaxS, 2018 Jeep Rubicon 4dr, Rural Scottsdale, Az.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Ron - On the shades? If so, they just hang on the window - or I guess slip over the window.
  • Options
    RonRon Member Posts: 137
    Thanks.  Should be fun to make in red and white stripe Sunbrella.
    2016 T@B MaxS, 2018 Jeep Rubicon 4dr, Rural Scottsdale, Az.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Ron - As mentoned, there's a pattern for them here on the forum.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Most I've seen don't stay "up" when the window is closed. 
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    I used the pattern from the files and mine stay up when the windows are closed. They droop a little when down in the pouring rain
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    I wondered if it was ok to shut/lock the Windows with the shade on. My concern is damage to the seal. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)