Options

Success Aluminum Platform Install

John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
edited November 2015 in Modifications & Upgrades
Well the install went pretty good. Fit perfectly. We measured and drill ed holes in the platform at home; then went to the T@B took the battery and propane out  and then took the Box off ( plenty of wire to move it to the side with it still connected to the Zamp plug) . We then dropped the platform on adjusted the location so the Box would line up with the holes and then the fun !! crawled under and drilled thru the angle iron of the trailer ( only issue was we had to remove the breakaway box to adjust the cables and then reinstall) All the bolts fir great except one that need a little help.

It look great and now we can put our generator on it and mount our antenna for the TV to it. Took about 3 hours for Kris and I to complete the work.
John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
South Carolina
Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    How do you intend to mount the TV antenna?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    We mounted the antenna on top of a adjustable paint pole. We plan on getting 2 "u" straps and connect  the antenna pole  to the aluminum "grab" rail on the Aluminum Platform
    South Carolina
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    John&Kris said:
    We mounted the antenna on top of a adjustable paint pole. We plan on getting 2 "u" straps and connect  the antenna pole  to the aluminum "grab" rail on the Aluminum Platform
    Great idea.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Jenn: That is our weekend project ( recovering from todays with Aleve) so will report  here how it works out.
    We also have to get some 45degree and straight  clear sewer hose connections so we can easily get at the dump tubes.
    South Carolina
  • Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    I had a heck of a time drilling holes in the frame when I mounted my Prodigy RF brake controller. Any advice on how to make drilling easier?
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited November 2015
    kybob said:
    I had a heck of a time drilling holes in the frame when I mounted my Prodigy RF brake controller. Any advice on how to make drilling easier?
    Best advice is to make sure you have a new drill bit that is intended for drilling through steel, as if you don't you will be very frustrated.  Start out with a smaller (starter) bit and finish the job with a larger bit if the bolts are larger size.  I just installed the Arvika bike rack on the front of the trailer and having a new bit works wonders!  

And use extreme care and caution when drilling through the frame and protect any wiring harnesses that run along and behind the frame, as it's back there!    
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    John and Kris: did the platform specify any weight maximums? Also, is it made by a company other than Little Guy?
    Frank
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    I had asked if it would hold a 50p generator and was told yes. I believe they make it there not sure. When finished I was tired so I just sat on it no bending etc at all and I am 250lbs. If you have something specific you want to carry on it I would suggest and email to Ed Kaufman he his fantastic at responding and is very helpful.
    South Carolina
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    If you want to haul your generator there (assuming the weight's ok), I'd definetly get/make some kind of cover for it. Could get a lot of road rash and gunk'd up switches otherwise.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    Just two 5 gal. Water jugs per the picture. That's 84 lbs. plus frame and canister. Salesman jumped on it and said (per my question), look! It holds me and I weigh 250 lbs. obviously Little Guy doesn't have the engineering reasources for NASA type stress testing.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    PXLated: Ya we plan to cover from the bottom and over the top which should keep all road dirt etc off it.
    Was the Salesman from a dealership or Sales from Little Guy. I think that the weight answer should come from Little Guy.
    South Carolina