Options

2016 Plans?

Comments

• Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    edited November 2015
    On the T@DA,T@B & T@G Camper Trailer Owners group on Facebook, Sharon B. Sigmon plans many T@B trips from weekend to a few weeks, traveling in the Southeast.  If you don't already belong to that FB page, check it out.  Looks like fun, if I lived closer I'd like to participate.  Sharon also maintains a blog of the trips and adventures.  Very easy and entertaining reading.  She also has directions to make outdoor window awnings.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Facebook - I avoid it like the plague.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    Agree, but it can be controlled by you, not the other way around.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Supposedly - Just not known for good privacy policies. After all, it's free so you're the product to be sold, you and your data.
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    I will be retiring at the end of this year and moving to Tucson.  I have plans for camping so far at Coyote Howls in Feb.; Bonita Canyon in Feb.; and Havasu State Park in March.  I'm also planning a 3 month voyage which will include Telluride Bluegrass Festival; Tearstock; Rock & Roll Hall of Fame; the UP in Michigan; and who else knows on the way back to Tucson in September!!!  Can't wait for this incredible adventure in my ClemenT@B.
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Excited for you, Beth.  Maybe I'll have the chance to introduce ClemenT@B to RZRBUG at Tearstock.  I've been the last two years and wasn't real sure I'd make it three in a row, but as time gets closer, I'm sure the itch will come back.  I may also make a detour to Michigan again, but not all the way to the UP.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Allie said:
    On the T@DA,T@B & T@G Camper Trailer Owners group on Facebook, Sharon B. Sigmon plans many T@B trips from weekend to a few weeks, traveling in the Southeast.  If you don't already belong to that FB page, check it out.  Looks like fun, if I lived closer I'd like to participate.  Sharon also maintains a blog of the trips and adventures.  Very easy and entertaining reading.  She also has directions to make outdoor window awnings.
    As a matter of fact, she just announced a week in April for a couple of state parks in South Carolina, Lake Hartwell State Park, April 17-21, then moving over to Croft State Park, April 21-24. They had a 50% off sale on Friday, so a full week of camping for $85! Can't wait!
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Thanks, Larry.  I would love to meet you and RZRBUG (and Booger) at Tearstock, if that is in your plans.  Sorry I just missed you in Colorado this year.  I am very excited to begin this next, long-planned phase of my life with my T@B.
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    JenniferJennifer Member Posts: 1
    I've made a pretty ridiculous number of reservations for this summer, but most of them are close to home (in Montana and Wyoming). We've got about 3 weeks in Yellowstone/the Tetons, 2 weeks in Glacier, a week at Flathead Lake in MT, and a couple 3-4 day trips to varioua water recreation areas in the Bighorn National Forest (WY) in June/July/the first week of August, and about 10 days on the Oregon coast in May right after the spring semester ends (I'm a professor).

We'll do some shorter trips throughout August as well, but I'm not yet sure where. Mostly I like to spend the summer kayaking in mountain lakes and relaxing in my hammock, so beyond that I'm pretty easy to please.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Jennifer, there is nothing wrong with camping close to home, we do it often.  Close to home for you sounds awesome!

Plans have changed for us, we are not going to do a longer trip to the west, so I will be doing Tearstock again this year, hopefully back in Site 1403 this year.

Also looking at a fall trip to the Smokeys.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    Jennifer could you share you favorite spot in the Flathead Lake area to camp?   And your favorite Oregon coast camping spots?  Pretty please  :)

Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    My 2016 plans.  T@B should be ready for pickup in March.  Hopefully a few weekends in March and April close to home to figure everything out.  The first big trip will be the T@B rally in May in Oregon, Silver Falls.  

Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    edited January 2016
    Doing some mods now but have several days scheduled at Hunting Island State Park on the ocean in SC for the last week in March as our recommissioning trip. Then will try to plan some extended time going east to Civil War sites.
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    JoeJoe Member Posts: 72
    Our close to home camping in the spring will be at Pedernalis Falls State Park and Inks Lake State Park here in Texas.  

Once the spring semester ends and a few weeks after the new grand baby arrives in June we will be off to Angel Fire NM, Ouray, CO and Buena Vista, CO for a few weeks of camping, hiking and fly fishing.

All plans subject to change on a whim or as we please.  (I liked typing that.)
    2015 Max U Outback; 2011 Chevy Silverado 4X4; Austin, Tx
  • Options
    Doing some mods now but have several days scheduled at Hunting Island State Park on the ocean in SC for the last week in March as our recommissioning trip. Then will try to plan some extended time going east to Civil War sites.
    Which battlefields are you planning on visiting, I could probably make a few camping suggestions?

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Cat_913Cat_913 Member Posts: 56
    I Joined a Meet up group from Houston and have several trips planed in East and Southeast Texas, starting next weekend at Huntsville State Park.
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Cyclonic: have not decided yet any suggestion would be appreciated. We have been to Gettysburg , Many Thanks in advance
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Joe said:
    Our close to home camping in the spring will be at Pedernalis Falls State Park and Inks Lake State Park here in Texas.  

Once the spring semester ends and a few weeks after the new grand baby arrives in June we will be off to Angel Fire NM, Ouray, CO and Buena Vista, CO for a few weeks of camping, hiking and fly fishing.

Joe - where are you staying in Ouray? Perhaps we'll run into each other. I'll be visiting my nephew and his family in Ridgway (I'll be at the state park the beginning of June) --- Michele
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    JoeJoe Member Posts: 72
    Michele - We like the 4J + 1 + 1 RV Park.  Not as nice a place to stay as Ridgeway, but the big benefit is the Ouray Perimiter Hiking Trail goes right through the park.  It's one of the best hiking trails we've ever been on.  Plus, you can cross the river bridge and walk to the hot springs to soak after the long hike.  And finally, it's easy to walk to downtown Ouray for dinner or some caffeine at the coffee shop.  The new grand baby is due at the beginning of June, so we probably won't make it until late June or early July. ~ Joe
    2015 Max U Outback; 2011 Chevy Silverado 4X4; Austin, Tx
  • Options
    JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 65
    Cyclonic said:
    So far the only reservations I have are next Halloween at Disney. Will also probably go to DeSoto State Park in March, and Defeated Creek in TN in September. Hopefully Tearstock again next summer.  Other than that, have no clue.
    I don't think I will make Tearstock this year.  I came to the decision that I would like to drive to the event in Salt Lake City and see other things along the way, and that is going to take all of my time.
    Cyclonic, what is the event in Salt Lake City. Would love to attend a T@B event and SLC is doable.
    2014 T@B S Max, TV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, Richland, WA
  • Options
    Joe said:
    Michele - We like the 4J + 1 + 1 RV Park.  Not as nice a place to stay as Ridgeway, but the big benefit is the Ouray Perimiter Hiking Trail goes right through the park.  It's one of the best hiking trails we've ever been on.  Plus, you can cross the river bridge and walk to the hot springs to soak after the long hike.  And finally, it's easy to walk to downtown Ouray for dinner or some caffeine at the coffee shop.  The new grand baby is due at the beginning of June, so we probably won't make it until late June or early July. ~ Joe
    Thanks Joe - I'll check it out. My nephew lives in Ridgway but Ouray isn't too far. Perhaps I'll go there for a night or two. LOVE the info on the trail --- want to do lots of hikes! IF you are interested in going to Ridgway, my nephew owns Eatery 66 (he converted a 66' Airstream to a restaurant and serves locally produced food - I am looking forward to eating there as he's an awesome chef!). 

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    TravelinRosiTaTravelinRosiTa Member Posts: 7
    Here we are at Huntsville SP on our maiden voyage just before Christmas!  Thanks for all the great tips here for newbies that helped make our first trip so smooth. Coincidentally we will be back at Huntsville next week and will look for our fellow T@Bers.
    Tracy & Sherra
    Dallas, TX
    '19 T@B 400 Boondock Lite/Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    Joe said:
    Thanks Joe - I'll check it out. My nephew lives in Ridgway but Ouray isn't too far. Perhaps I'll go there for a night or two. LOVE the info on the trail --- want to do lots of hikes! IF you are interested in going to Ridgway, my nephew owns Eatery 66 (he converted a 66' Airstream to a restaurant and serves locally produced food - I am looking forward to eating there as he's an awesome chef!). 

Is it only open seasonally? I have never seen it.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Cat_913Cat_913 Member Posts: 56
    Here we are at Huntsville SP on our maiden voyage just before Christmas!  Thanks for all the great tips here for newbies that helped make our first trip so smooth. Coincidentally we will be back at Huntsville next week and will look for our fellow T@Bers.
    I will be in Huntsville the Jan 22 thru Jan 24, hope to see you there.
  • Options
    jkjenn said:
    Joe said:

Jenn - they may have opened after you were there. It's fairly new but to answer your question they are open all year. Not sure of their hours. 

• Options
    pcaddypcaddy Member Posts: 36
    What are the dates of 2016 Tearstock?
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    jkjenn said:
    Joe said:

Jenn - they may have opened after you were there. It's fairly new but to answer your question they are open all year. Not sure of their hours. 
    I was just there in early October. I am always looking for a good place to grab a bite. I would love to try them out. The 550 Burgers place is my new favorite pizza and they have free WiFi!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Jeanne said:
    Cyclonic said:
    So far the only reservations I have are next Halloween at Disney. Will also probably go to DeSoto State Park in March, and Defeated Creek in TN in September. Hopefully Tearstock again next summer.  Other than that, have no clue.
    I don't think I will make Tearstock this year.  I came to the decision that I would like to drive to the event in Salt Lake City and see other things along the way, and that is going to take all of my time.
    Cyclonic, what is the event in Salt Lake City. Would love to attend a T@B event and SLC is doable.
    Sorry, it is not a T@B event, it is a American Coaster Enthusiasts event, at Laggon Park in Farmington, in early August.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    y2kdaddioy2kdaddio Member Posts: 20
    Cyclonic, have you been to Dorney Park in Allentown PA for the coasters?
  • Options
    Yes, I have, many times.  The Lazer was my first looping coaster.  I miss the way the park was growing up, Cedar Fair has really taken a lot of the charm out of it.

Sterling, VA