Options

2016 Plans?

13»

Comments

• Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    Once our T@B arrives & we've done a shakedown trip, planing a trip toward SMF and then heading north. SEA or YVR, however far we feel like traveling for 2 weeks. Does anyone have a favorite camping place near Lake Shasta or further north?
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    jkjenn said:
    jkjenn said:
    Joe said:
    Michele - We like the 4J + 1 + 1 RV Park.  Not as nice a place to stay as Ridgeway, but the big benefit is the Ouray Perimiter Hiking Trail goes right through the park.  It's one of the best hiking trails we've ever been on.  Plus, you can cross the river bridge and walk to the hot springs to soak after the long hike.  And finally, it's easy to walk to downtown Ouray for dinner or some caffeine at the coffee shop.  The new grand baby is due at the beginning of June, so we probably won't make it until late June or early July. ~ Joe
    Thanks Joe - I'll check it out. My nephew lives in Ridgway but Ouray isn't too far. Perhaps I'll go there for a night or two. LOVE the info on the trail --- want to do lots of hikes! IF you are interested in going to Ridgway, my nephew owns Eatery 66 (he converted a 66' Airstream to a restaurant and serves locally produced food - I am looking forward to eating there as he's an awesome chef!). 

Is it only open seasonally? I have never seen it.
    Jenn - they may have opened after you were there. It's fairly new but to answer your question they are open all year. Not sure of their hours. 
    I was just there in early October. I am always looking for a good place to grab a bite. I would love to try them out. The 550 Burgers place is my new favorite pizza and they have free WiFi!
    Jenn - not sure where they're located. I'll find out in June! They use locally grown food and the menu looks awesome. Looking forward to eating there when I visit. He used to be the executive chef at a resort in Costa Rica so I got to taste his cooking when I was there - yum!

Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    We've got our plans in place, just need the T@B!  

Allegany State Park in May (actually 2 trips, one with DH and one solo for a geocaching convention)
    A road trip in July and August, with stops in southern NH and Acadia NP, and southern ME and VT on the way back
    A leaf peeping trip to the Ithaca NY area in October

Plus a few nights "camping" in the driveway and "boondocking" at a nearby Erie Canal lock with free camping. 

It's funny, we've always tent camped at rustic state parks and the like, but as I'm looking at campground options I seem to be choosing places with water and electric. Spoiled already. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    Many long weekend trips with my Dutch Oven friends to a ghost town and also a winery in NV, along with a state park or two;  A weekend in S. CO. with other T@B and Teardrop owners;  Time in AZ in the spring and fall, plus a cross country trip to TearStock and visiting friends and family in WNY and PA.  During that trip I hope to stop a Menards along the way.  Love that store, it's like a Home Depot on Steroids.  On the way back would like to visit Roswell, NM to visit friends and see the area.  Also, use the T@B as motel room for visiting N. Utah to shop and Smith & Edwards, Ikea and Cabella's.  I might also take it down to Bullhead City, AZ this summer to participate in the annual River Regatta.  Also, a teardrop/vintage trailer get together at Buckskin State Park, AZ in December.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    Hans111Hans111 Member Posts: 47
    Summer's busy for us so there will be a lot of Iowa weekends in our nice state parks and Army Corps recreation areas. T@B Rally at Rock Creek in June! Come September we'll do a long trip in the Durango area and I think we'll try for a week somewhere in October too. We can't wait. Really. 
    Doug
    Des Moines Iowa
    2016 S Max Sofitel
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Sounds like a pretty busy summer Allie :smile:

Photomom, I don't know whether it is about getting spoiled or just finding out how you really like to use the trailer.

I thought we would boondock a lot with it, but turns out we hardly ever do.  We prefer to have the comfort of electric and water, being able to turn on the A/C when it is how, or even just to easily make coffee and brush our teeth in the morning.

If you are going to do a lot of weekend camping, I really do suggest checking out some of the closer to you private campgrounds that offer up great activities for the kids, and often some great amenities as well.  No kids, but we are doing a weekend like that in May, a private campground about two hours away that is having a big pig roast that weekend.  We are just going to relax and enjoy ourselves.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    TNTTT Rally, Beavers Bend, OK, April
    (Crater of Diamonds State Park, AR, on the way home).  
    T@B Rally at Rock Creek, IA, June (see you there, Doug).  
    Silver Lake Park, MI, July.  
    TearStock, OH, July.  
    Beecher Island Reunion, Wray, CO, September.  
    Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, September.  
    Medicine Lodge Peace Treaty & PowWow, Medicine Lodge, KS, September.
    Hope I can squeeze in some others in between.  Safe travels, everyone!

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Cyclonic said:

If you are going to do a lot of weekend camping, I really do suggest checking out some of the closer to you private campgrounds that offer up great activities for the kids...
    We are at the point where a great weekend is spent with adults...
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    So far the only reservations I have are next Halloween at Disney. Will also probably go to DeSoto State Park in March, and Defeated Creek in TN in September. Hopefully Tearstock again next summer.  Other than that, have no clue.
    I've got an awesome update to this....
    Starting on Apr 16, going with other T@Bers to Lake Hartwell SP in SC for 5 nights, then moving over to Croft State Park in SC for 3 nights, then I'm wandering down 26 and 95 stopping near Savannah, GA at a KOA for one night, then Anastasia SP for one night, then 6 nights at Ft. Wilderness, Disney. Depending on workload at work, may start out the night of the 15th and stop somewhere, and stop somewhere on the way home from Disney too. That would be 18 nights total, woohoo!!
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    OK, yeah, I'm a little jealous now :D

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA