Options

Fuses for T@B

It was be a nice service to include a packet of fuses needed for the T@B as they are not costly but essential when using the T@B in camping situations.
 I am finding it difficult to find them. The shipping costs from the internet are horrendous compared the the low costs of the items.
Perhaps Little Guy could sell packets on the on-line store?
Thanks fr considering…Chris
Chris and Phil -  Sally D., 2015 Q Maxx, Toyota 4Runner, Sidney, BC, CANADA

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I passed your suggestion on to Little Guy and the factory.....  Thanks for the suggestion as they do appreciate the feedback and ideas!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    benderennsbenderenns Member Posts: 41
    Thanks Mike!
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    Regarding fuses, does anyone know if it is absolutely essential to use a 40amp ATO (orange) fuse?   While I don't know a lot about fuses I've discovered that ATO fuses are open on the end and ATC fuses are closed.    It also seems that ATO fuses can be replaced with ATC fuses but ATC fuses cannot be replaced with ATO fuses.  If this is true, why not just use all ATC fuses since all the others are ATC?  Can anyone shed light on this?    

Thanks!
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    I passed your suggestion on to Little Guy and the factory.....  Thanks for the suggestion as they do appreciate the feedback and ideas!  
    I hope Little Guy can provide fuses packages at their store so we can use the correct ones….ATO vs ATC ? Greek to me!
  • Options
    I'm just trying to understand which ones to purchase as spares.   I agree that it would be nice if Little Guy provided a package of extra fuses.

I did make an interesting discovery.   A previous post here provided a list of all the correct fuses and it was from that list I obtained the information that the 40amp (orange) fuse should be ATO.    On that list all the other fuses were listed as ATC.    However I looked at what came with my 2014 S Maxx and discovered that all the fuses in the power center, were ATO's.  

I'm still looking for some information and an explanation.   
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    It's always nice when you find your own mistakes.    Contrary to my previous post here, the fuses that came with my 2014 T@B, at least those used in the power center, are all ATC fuses, including the 40amp (orange) fuse.   The previously mentioned fuse list provided by another forum user says the replacement fuse for the 40amp, should be an ATO fuse.   Now I am wondering why, since the original, at least in my T@B is an ATC fuse.   I'm particularly confused about this issue because I had previously learned that ATC fuses should never be replaced with an ATO fuse.   Can anyone shed light on this?
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Interesting. Those glow fuse kits are ATO, for the most part.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Interesting comment from our dealer...they replaced our water pump and tweaked the piping so it's MUCH quieter. But the comment was about those elusive Alde fuses...3 brand new T@Bs just delivered...with bad fuses. So I gave him a couple of my spares and the Amazon link for more.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Word back from the factory is that they were not aware of any dealer that had received several blown fuses on the Alde units and this was the first information received.  They also reported that Alde is very good with respect to supplying anything they need.  The factory has also contacted their purchaser and placed a request in to send 1 additional fuse per Alde system so that each unit produced goes out with a spare and Pleasant Valley would also have a supply available there as well.  Contact Ed Kauffman at the factory too (or Elsie Miller for parts) as Ed will have any additional details and information on fusing and the requirements therein.  

Pleasant Valley Teardrop Trailers
    Manufacturing Facility
    754 Edelweiss Drive
    Sugarcreek, OH 44681
    330.852.4811 (office)

Elsie Miller, Parts 

Ed Kauffman, Warranty Administrator

I found these fuses listed on EBay and know that they are also available on Amazon as well.  

• Options
    Great discussion. The photo is helpful…..

My problem with amazon is the fuses are so insignificant an item that they won't send them unless I spend something like $25 because they are just considered an 'add-on' and then the shipping costs are crazy. 

So, from the fuse list supplied on the other post, I still have a few to get ….In the Q maxx there are quite a few fuses for the appliances….I have tried electronics and marine supply as well as RV stores…
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    HI Mike,
    I have ordered a T@B. It is supposed to come off the assembly line sometime in late August. Do you think I could email Elise and ask if I can order an extra set of the actual fuses I will need to be shipped out with my brand new T@Baby? I don't want to cause a problem or anything. I am working on an emergency kit to have in the trailer and fuses are number one of the list! 
    Appreciate your thoughts on the matter. 
    Can't wait for my T@Baby to be home!
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Mike...I'll be sure Rich's Performance Marine is aware of the fuse issue. As for LG/vPV not knowing, I have emails to & from Scott Hubble to the contrary (Scott even sent me some replacement fuses!)... Maybe word hasn't trickled down or over yet.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Dunno what to say JD?   That's what they sent me and hopefully they will get these issues resolved down the road.   It has been reported......   And raden,  I don't see any issue in contacting Elsie as she should be able to make it happen.   I'm the same way as I like to have some back-up fuses or a means of making things work while I'm away from home and on the road.   

• Options
    CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
    Regarding the 40 Amp ATO and why my list says so:

1) It was the one that came in the converter at delivery.
    2) There is a warning on the converter that states: REVERSE BATTERY PROTECTION FUSE 40 AMPS. REPLACE ONLY WITH LITTELFUSE BRAND #257

Since I assume using something else "may" void the warranty, and a #257 is an ATO fuse, that's what I'd go with personally. #257 isn't produced anymore, replaced by #287.
    Steve
    Maryland
    2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
    2005 Honda Pilot
  • Options
    tphorntphorn Member Posts: 12
    Any auto parts store like autozone carries all of these fuses and you can buy a couple at a time if you want to. 
    Happy 2013 t@b owners Greentown, Ohio
  • Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    If you do an internet search for ATC fuses versus ATO fuses, you should find several references explaining that the difference is whether the backs have openings (ATO) that allow the fuses to be checked foe continuity with being removed, while the closed fuses (ATC) could offer some protection against contamination causing an "open" fuse to be bridged and fail to maintain protection.  One concern was expressed by a user of marine equipment concerned about salt water getting into the open fuse backs.  Personally, from my perspective and for my purposes, I will use either and not worry about the difference.
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    Someone mentioned you can buy the fuses at harbor freight. Anyone know if this is true?
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    I haven't checked harbor freight, but probably as these fuses are pretty common.  I bought mine at Walmart and saw them at AutoZone also.
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    What would we do without Walmart. I will have my dealer help me make a list of the fuses I will need. 
    Thanks everyone,
    ren
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    Don't forget a spare 4 amp glass fuse if you have the fantastic fan installed.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited December 2014
    There are also a couple of "hidden" glass fuses on the Alde. See the Yahoo-group 'files' section at Alde Hidden Fuses.pdf

And there are a couple of 3 Way fridge fuses on top of the fridge, (under the cooktop in the 'S' Maxx). I don't remember what value they are. 

I've had trouble with those Alde fuses a couple of times...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    baclawsonbaclawson Member Posts: 17
    I went to my dealer and they gave me a bunch of fuses.  They put my license plate n for me too.  I feel better.