Options

HELP for Wanderoo - battery / fuse question

Hi all - Wanderoo is in Tucson (pre-move) and she hooked her T@B battery to a solar trickle charger T@B is in a storage facility). She is leaving today so hoped someone could answer this ASAP. She does not have a battery cut-off switch. Will the parasitic draw be more than the 7watt charger and if she pulls the fuse to the battery, will the trickle charger still charge the battery? She's afraid the trickle charger won't keep up with the demand from the parastic draw. My 6watt solar trickle does a good job of keeping the battery charged but I have a cut-off switch.  Hope that's a clear question. She hoped to not have to pull the battery. OR should she pull any fuses inside T@B that would do the trick? Thanks!
Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited November 2015
    Have her pull the fuse at the battery so she doesn't have to worry about. Don't forget to put the fuse back in!  Yes, this will keep the battery charged, depending on amount of sunshine. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Thank you Verna! I just called Beth and relayed your message. She sends her thanks as well!

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Thanks, Verna.  I did pull the fuse and now hope the wind won't blow the solar trickle charger over!  I have to start the trek back to Denver today, but will be moving all my belongings to Tucson at the end of January.  I feel a little separation anxiety because I had to leave T@B at her new storage facility in Tucson.  Thanks to Mickietucs, too.  
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    You're very welcome, Beth. Been there, done that when the panic mode sets in and I have to calm myself down to figure out the best solution. I don't have a solution for your solar trickle charger unless I see it. Good luck with the move. I'll be hanging around Tucson babysitting an emu and a couple of cats for a week or so in January. The three of us will have to get together!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Cats and birds usually don't mix - But an Emu, that's a different story. Probably has the cats quivering in the corner.
  • Options
                                Cindy Lou is outside. The cats are inside. Sunny Day doesn't really like Cindy Lou and feelings are mutual. Cindy Lou really didn't make up with me last January, but she spent a week looking for where I was hiding after I left.  Since her owners won't be there while I'm babysitting, maybe she will allow me to pet her this year.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna - yes, let us know when/where in Tucson you'll be doing the pet sitting (I do that too but never had an emu request!) - perhaps we can meet. I'm looking forward to Feb and camping with many in Why, AZ.

• Options
    I'll private message you when I get there. There's some sightseeing I want to do while in the Tucson area.

And the photo is deceiving. Cindy Lou is actually as tall as my truck. I lost most of my pictures on the iPhone when I returned. I need to back it up soon and back it up frequently while on the road.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna - In case you're not aware - Easiest way to get the pics off your phone and onto your Mac for backup is to plug in your phone and open the Mac app "Image Capture" and import them. Once on the Mac you can further backup to the cloud or to a backup drive or import into iPhoto.
  • Options
    PXLated, my MacBook is messed up! I'll try Geek Squad on the phone, but I'll bet I have to take it in. I can't get to anything, it stopped updating a month ago, won't take my passwords. It's slmost as if it was hacked, but it's on the same WiFi as my iPad and iPhone. Strange. I gave up on it and need to get it fixed!

But thanks for the info. I'll store it for later use. Is this how you would copy photos from a flash drive, too?  I have a lot of photos from the Dell on a flash drive that I want to copy to the MacBook. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna said:
    I'll private message you when I get there. There's some sightseeing I want to do while in the Tucson area.

And the photo is deceiving. Cindy Lou is actually as tall as my truck. I lost most of my pictures on the iPhone when I returned. I need to back it up soon and back it up frequently while on the road.
    If you're wanting a short but good workout, there's an urban walk up Tumomac Hill. Good if you're going near town for any reason. 30 min up with 3 good hills and has great views. It's actually a Univ of AZ research site so they limit the walkers to either the weekends or before 7:30 a.m. or after 5:30 p.m. weekdays. It's paved ---so it's not a typical hike - but it's challenging if you want a workout!

• Options
    Verna - That's strange, rare that  Mac goes south that bad. Yes, you can import from any external source via the "Image Capture" app.
    Once you get the Mac cleaned up and back working, I recommend getting an external hard drive (they're pretty cheap now days) and a program called SuperDuper - It's free in it's basic form. It allows you to "clone" your internal hard drive - makes an exact duplicate. Once you have that, if something gets hosed you can start up from that clone and restore your internal drive back to normal.
  • Options
    I'll keep that info, too, PXLated. I have the external hard drive. I'll get SuperDuper when I get it figured out. Thanks. Looks like I should have downloaded those Mac for dummies books sooner.....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Usually (99% of the time) if a Mac has a glitch, you shut it down, restart, and it comes back healed. Another thing some recommend is to go to the Utilities folder and launch "Disk Utility". You select your internal hard drive and if you're running the latest version of the operating system choose "First Aid" - If you're not on the latest you may not have that tab and have to check a box titled "Repair Permissions". You'd run/rerun that until very few errors showed up (4 to 5 I'd guess).
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    Curious.  Why not use both superduper and Time machine?  SuperDuper will make a bootable drive, and time time machine can be used to reconstruct the drive to the current files. 
  • Options