Options

Sewer Hose Storage Solution II - Ode to Pop-T@B

FerdFerd Member Posts: 16
edited November 2015 in Modifications & Upgrades

We picked up our Sofitel on September 29, 2015, and soon after began to review this Forum, initially looking for suggestions on where to store the sewer hose(s). We found and really liked Pop-T@B's modification to the A frame area in front of the propane/battery. Pop-T@B's idea was ingenious, and I became obsessed with the challenge to replicate, especially since I had never used an angle grinder or cut aluminum. Pop-T@B's information was extremely helpful, and the pictures I've posted include a print out of this information with my notes. I also included a picture to show that the top of the compartment allows the bottom of the plastic pipe in the propane/battery storage area to be sealed. I now use the pipe to store a bottle of the black tank chemicals/conditioner and gloves. Materials for the project cost $136. Overall the project cost $350 from the expense of tools that I didn't own, including saw, angle grinder, and blades to cut metal. 

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Excellent!! Thank you for the pictures!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199
    :) Looks great, glad to hear you liked my idea and that it worked out for you.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    We picked up our Sofitel on September 29, 2015, and soon after began to review this Forum, initially looking for suggestions on where to store the sewage hose(s). We really liked Pop-T@B's modification to the A frame area in front of the propane/battery. Pop-T@B's ideas was ingenious, and I became obsessed with the challenge to replicate, especially since I had never used an angle grinder or cut aluminum. Pop-T@B's information was extremely helpful, and the pictures I've posted include a print out of this information with my notes. I also included a picture to show that the project allows the bottom of the plastic pipe in the propane/battery storage area to be sealed at the bottom. I now use this area of store a bottle of the black tank chemicals/conditioner and gloves. Materials for the project cost $136. Overall the project cost $350 from the costs of tools that I didn't own, including saw, angle grinder, and blades to cut metal. 
     Flag  Quote      

Comments

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ