Options

Single Woman and the Tab

13»

Comments

• Options
    jules2gojules2go Member Posts: 164
    @dragonsdofly That is such a great story! Love it. For sure, I agree 100%. It is a journey for all of us. Thank you for your message, and good roads and fair weather to you as well! -- Julia
    2020 Tab 320S BE "Moonbeam"
    2019 Toyota Tacoma 

Asheville, NC

"Don't postpone joy!"
  • Options
    HammickHammick Member Posts: 70
    I am retired (male) and I do quite a bit of long distance motorcycling in the Northwest and into Canada (and even Alaska).  I usually don't have a firearm but always have a can of bear spray handy.  I carry it mostly for protection from 2 legged rednecks and tweakers.  If I was a female that loved to solo camp I would carry bear spray and a good hiking knife.  We all saw how the bear spray can't deter someone that is hell bent of doing harm but the knife certainly would certainly deter someone that keeps advancing after getting maced.

A firearm is another alternative but I usually don't travel with one.  Even if you feel you were completely justified in shooting an attacher a Jury may disagree.  Plus you can't cross borders with a handgun and states have different laws.  And if you like to hike in bear country the spray and knife are good to have.