Options

Single Woman and the Tab

Comments

• Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    50+ and camp with my dogs and kid: table was the first thing to go, and the bikes ride inside. 
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Beth, Michigan Mike says he is really happy with his. No worries of losing/damaging his bikes like I did last winter.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    larrygon said:
    cbarnhill said:
    I have a narrow carport....
    I noticed you chained your carport to your T@B. Are you worried someone will steal your carport?  =)
    LOL! I know it sounds crazy but I think my tab is so cool and I just knew someone would just roll it down the street before my "boot" came in from the LG shop. So I went to the depot and said what's the biggest chain you've got. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    The Arvika bike rack adjusts up or down so you do have some options.  Mine is up higher to allow access for the front tub.  The rack also tilts downward for ease of getting bikes off from the rack.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    RyanAndLuluRyanAndLulu Member Posts: 20
    You go girl!!! I am also a single woman with an awesome T@B (Daisy). The only problem I have is moving her around when she is not attached to the TV. Best $340 I have spent is on a trailer valet... the thing is incredible! I am able to back her into a tight space next to my house and don't need to ask a friend to come over and help me out! http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jack/Trailer-Valet/STC-V211.html?feed=npn&gclid=CjwKEAiA18mzBRCo1e_-y_KLpXISJACEsANGczjik7MU8_SNU0OpTTg2nXfxfW-10rMnriYYYBKKHhoCSyPw_wcB
    Girl Glamper | Austin, TX | 2018 Land Rover Discovery | 2018 T@B 400 |
    Partner in Crime: Black pug (Lulu)
  • Options
    Junebuggg91Junebuggg91 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you all for your posts. I'm considering a T@B in the next few years and being a single lady it's nice to see that others are out there doing this. My question is around safety. Obviously I'm sure you all take basic precautions and stay vigilant when on your own, but are there any safety features you've added to your T@B or T@G and if so what are they? 
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Junebuggg91, Did you read the Solo Traveler hints and tricks category to the right? There are some helpful posts there! On my iPad I have to select the landscape orientation for the categories to be visible. Hope you decide to get a T@B; have fun exploring and making your choice.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    And Sisters on the Fly is a group for female trailer enthusiasts. https://www.sistersonthefly.com/
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Junebuggg91Junebuggg91 Member Posts: 2
    @Twojgrams I didn't see that but now I will go check it out! Thank you so much!
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @Junebuggg91 I found a group of local women who camp together on meetup.com. They schedule one trip a month April through September, and sometimes others in between. I love the camaraderie and that I can also just do what I want, no real scheduled events other than one potluck dinner each gathering. I know there are other groups out there, too. Have fun, and good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    I belong to a great group called a RVW. That's RV Women. You can find info about tthem on RVingwomen.org. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
    69 and travel solo with Watson, my 10# Morkie... I bought a Travel Valet, like @RyanandLulu and love it.  Go for it, if you haven't already... just saw this note!  RV Women, Girl Camper podcasts and Sisters on the Fly are all great organizations and resources.  Don't forget to check out Facebook too.  Lady Teardrops is a good one https://www.facebook.com/groups/929942767126411/ plus the there are two T@B FB groups.  Enjoy!
    M@rilyn
    Previous 2017 T@B S owner... c'est l@ vie
    But still passionate about the brand!

• Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    I'm not a woman, but I'll put in my two cents regarding the Trailer Valet XL. Some of the best money I ever spent. I have a tight squeeze to get my T@B up the driveway which is on an incline. Three of us could push it up but it was still a chore and the other two aren't usually around. I tried a standard trailer dolly but it wouldn't do the job. But the Trailer Valet moves the T@B halfway up the driveway, spins it around 180 degrees and slips it into its home inside the garage without the need to move the car that's parked on the other side of the garage. My one caution, if you use a drill to drive it (and I highly recommend you do), don't let the handle of the Trailer Valet slip down even a quarter of an inch. That brake works!!!
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    DerecoDereco Member Posts: 89
    edited August 2017
    In response to the question above on bikes inside, I have put in as many as three, tightly packed in and wrapped once inside. I was not comfortable with it obviously, so in light this, and it works perfectly: https://www.amazon.ca/Curt-18013-Clamp-On-Bike-Rack/dp/B007EA6JMM. (Sorry that is Amazon Canada link, I assume it is available and cheaper in US).

The added advantage is we can take the bikes 'on the hitch' when we leave the trailer on the site. 

Derek 
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @Dereco, thanks for this link! I've been looking for something I can handle without becoming a weightlifter! On US Amazon it is $70.02. That's reasonable!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    GidgetGidget Member Posts: 64
    It's 1.25 people in my Gidget... that would be me (46) and my Beaweenie (half beagle/half dachshund)! Had my 320s for three months now and STILL can't back into spaces very well or quickly. Because I've spent a TON on upgrades/mods (swapped out standard lock for digital keypad with remote, electric tongue jack, new faucet, recovering my cushions, BAL leveler, et al) I'll have to wait on a trailer valet... but it's DEFINITELY going on my must have list!

Look out open road, here we come!!! Me, my Gracie May, a 2YO Beaweenie; half Beagle, half Dachshund, Dash, the 2015 Kia Sorento LX V6, Gidget, the 2018 nüCamp 320s!

Places Visited Map
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    Marylincp mentions two (2) tab groups--don't know if they are both forums, like this one or facebook group?  Does anyone know?

If so, please provide the name of the other group/how to find them.

Thank you!
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    marilyncp said:
    69 and travel solo with Watson, my 10# Morkie... I bought a Travel Valet, like @RyanandLulu and love it.  Go for it, if you haven't already... just saw this note!  RV Women, Girl Camper podcasts and Sisters on the Fly are all great organizations and resources.  Don't forget to check out Facebook too.  Lady Teardrops is a good one https://www.facebook.com/groups/929942767126411/ plus the there are two T@B FB groups.  Enjoy!
    Apparently, there are 2 TaB specific FB groups.  There is also a Yahoo TaB group that seems like it is more valuable for someone with an older TaB model.  Go to the Yahoo.com webpage and find Groups under "More".  It is called "tabtrailers".  I think you need a Yahoo email address to join, but don't quote me:) 
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,501
    lkc001 said:
    Marylincp mentions two (2) tab groups--don't know if they are both forums, like this one or facebook group?  Does anyone know?

If so, please provide the name of the other group/how to find them.

Thank you!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/24931511064
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/87969923985
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    most of my camping so far has been state parks and national parks-have always felt safe there but I do have pepper spray and a personal alarm on my key chain mostly for going to use the rest room at truck stops-there I don't always feel safe
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    I camp with LOWES loaners on wheels. They are country wide and have chapters in most states. We are singles for one reason or another who camp together. Stipulation is you must be legally single and camp single.
    Predominantly women. Great fun relaxed environment.
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    * Sorry - LOWS- didn't notice autocorrect.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Congratulations!  Are you “downsizing” to full time in the TaB or just from your larger trailer?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    kkfouchekkfouche Member Posts: 16
    Oh, just from my bigger trailer. Not planning to go full time.
    2021 Tab 320 Boondock
    VW Atlas
    Asheville, NC
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 452
    Rent one first.  Check out rvshare or outdoorsy.com.  It might save you a bad purchase.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    jules2gojules2go Member Posts: 164
    @kkfouche What an inspiration you are to be doing this at 73. I'm in NC, too, in my late 50s and oftentimes worry about my health and ability to keep up with the physical demands. 
    2020 Tab 320S BE "Moonbeam"
    2019 Toyota Tacoma 

Asheville, NC

"Don't postpone joy!"