Options

Exterior 110v plug on 2007 T@B

I need an exterior 110v plug, preferably on the right side.  Can't run a cord from inside w/out leaving the door cracked (for mosquitoes)  I am thinking of going thru the galley cabinet and exiting fwd of the door OR going under the dinette and exiting aft of the right wheel well.  Anyone added a plug like this?  Any suggestions or things to look out for?  I just hate to "cut a hole" and then regret it....  I guess I could always install it beside the gas bottle where it would be covered.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    On my 2015 Max-S, the outlets are on the passenger side and left of the wheel well. Works out well as that's roughly where I set up my table.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    I haven't done this on the T@B, but it seems it wouldn't be much different from installing an exterior outlet on your house. I'd be inclined to use a low-profile surface-mounted box with a short piece of conduit sticking out the back. That way, you would only need to cut a round hole just big enough to stick the conduit through to the inside. The rigid conduit would also be easier to seal around.

Of course, you would want to use exterior rated boxes and devices, protect the receptacles with GFCI, and be sure everything is solid and securely fastened, since unlike your house this installation will be bouncing down the road on a regular basis!

I'll double-check how the external receptacles on my 2015 are installed, and post again if there's anything additional worth noting. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    The standard install for Pleasant Valley is to place it just aft of the wheel well and run the wiring around under the benches to the outlet on the floor next to the converter box.

I don't know if the Dutchman T@B's have that outlet, but if not you should still be able to tie into power under the bench.

You will want to get a RV outlet cover (like this one) that is weather proof.  You cut a hole big enough for the outlet with a box behind it.  The cover will be much larger then this hole and will seal it up.

Below are a few photos of the install on my 2012.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    edited December 2015
    Good info, Cyclonic--I shoulda' guessed there would be an RV specific item for this purpose. I don't see any brackets or obvious fasteners--how is the whole arrangement secured to the camper wall?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Call the factory and speak to Elsie Miller if you are unable to find that outlet as I'm sure they would sell you one.  This is what you are looking for and maybe they have the gray if you prefer that?   And as noted above you can run wiring around the bench area and pick up the feed via either the electric converter or if you have an outlet on the bench front like mine, at that point too.  

Weatherproof Outlet Cover - White  

1.jpg 31.9K
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Yours must be an early 2007. Mine is a late 2007 (built around April 2007) and has one installed already. It was behind the passenger side wheel well. When I had my luggage door hatch installed, I had it moved to in front of the wheel well (Clamshell with slightly different wheel well location).
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL