Options

Cig lighter power outlet install w/photos

DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
edited January 2016 in Modifications & Upgrades
Someone posted somewhere they were quoted $200 to install 2 outlets in their rear cabinets. The following pictures show the steps and parts needed. Cost a little more $5 per outlet plus some wire and a few wire connectors. I located my outlets inside the cabs to avoid dangling wires when in use. You will need a 7/8" hole saw or equivalent and drill. I purchased the outlets at O Reilly's auto for under $5 each. Remove speaker grill by rotating it counter clock wise. Remove speaker. Locate white and blue wires (color may very) that power reading light. Determine which one is power and which one is ground my case blue is power white ground. Drill mounting hole. Since the cab wall is quite thick it is necessary to cut about 1/4" off of the plug retaining ring (see photo). Insert outlet and secure from rear. Hook wire from center of outlet to power wire using 3M connector or solder and tape if preferred. Attach wire from retaining ring to ground wire the same way. Test and reinstall speaker and cover. 

Attached Image
  1. Hash  T@B Fun

Comments