Options

Lagun Style table mount with table for under $75.00

2»

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Just finished my table installation per PopT@Bs pictures and instructions. All went well and we love results. It does require a little do it yourself skill. I would rate it about a 7 or 8 on a difficulty scale. I also shortened the center post 3". This can be done with out a welder. I cut the 3" from the middle. Then I used a piece 1/2" black pipe cut to 1 5/8" as a sleeve to join the shorten pieces. Although it was a good tight fit I also drilled and used roll pins just for good measure. Pictures to follow.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    iz6iz6 Member Posts: 15
    Looks like a fantastic solution!

Pop-T@b and Dalehelman, now that you've both tried this, can you share some of the main pros and cons?

I'm trying to decide between this and the Lagun...

Thanks!
  • Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199

Dalehelman, looks great!  The shortening of the post looks like it worked out well, good solution if you don't have a welder. Nice job!! glad it worked out for you.

iz6, as Dalehelman pointed out, this can be done, as long as you are very handy. I am sure Dale would agree, the hardest part is reinforcing the wall. Once you get this out of the way, the rest is pretty straight forward. If you would like to do this modification, send me an email and I will forward you the directions on how to do it.

• Options
    iz6iz6 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks Pop-T@b, I'll email you if I decided to do this.

I was more curious to get feedback on the final "product" than the install process.

For example, it's great that you don't have to disassemble it to put it away. But is the range of motion similar to the Lagun? If not, good enough? Does it stow ok behind the television? Does it take away any leg space when deployed? Is it sturdy and stable enough when eating or playing board games, or does it bobble and move around? Etc.. Thanks
  • Options
    This is the best table salutation I have found. The table needs to be mounted a little off center to reach the center of the isle. This has no effect on its use.
    pluses no vertical pole to get in the way. Will seat 3 or 4 if needed. A slightly larger top could be fitted. The one we used is very light and quite strong. The bracket will support up to 70lbs. I really have not found any negatives and I would do this mod again in a minute. Even reinforcing the wall is pretty straight forward thanks to Pop Ts excellent directions. He has already done all of the trial and error work. Trust me a great time saver. Be sure to get the correct TV mount. I could not find one around Spokane so I ordered mine from Menards.

1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    I'm not finding an online resource for the Barkan 34F mount. Dalehelman said he ordered from Menards, I couldn't find the 34F on their website. Anyone else find one?

DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    Pop-T@B said:
    Thanks for the link and the great idea and install info!
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    You are most welcome!! let me know how you like it when you are done.
  • Options
    Definitely on sale I paid $49 plus shipping.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    It is now $39.99.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    lara9209lara9209 Member Posts: 45
    This is the best table salutation I have found. The table needs to be mounted a little off center to reach the center of the isle. This has no effect on its use.
    pluses no vertical pole to get in the way. Will seat 3 or 4 if needed. A slightly larger top could be fitted. The one we used is very light and quite strong. The bracket will support up to 70lbs. I really have not found any negatives and I would do this mod again in a minute. Even reinforcing the wall is pretty straight forward thanks to Pop Ts excellent directions. He has already done all of the trial and error work. Trust me a great time saver. Be sure to get the correct TV mount. I could not find one around Spokane so I ordered mine from Menards.

When you say "center of aisle" ... Do you mean side to side or front to back?   We just finished our maiden trip and with two large dogs ... Need to get the table out of there ;-)
    John & Lisa, 2016 M@x S, Silver/Yellow, Hood Canal, WA, TV = 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • Options
    edited January 2016

You can swing the table almost any where you like. I can center my table side to side and front to back. The table is smaller ( 18" wide x 26" long) than the factory table, but I find it is a perfect size for the space.

• Options
    lara9209lara9209 Member Posts: 45
    Pop-T@B said:

You can swing the table almost any where you like. I can center my table side to side and front to back. The table is smaller ( 18" wide x 26" long) than the factory table, but I fine it is a perfect size for the space.

Thanks so much ... Will be ordering TV arm this week,
    John & Lisa, 2016 M@x S, Silver/Yellow, Hood Canal, WA, TV = 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Pop-T@B said:
    dalehelman,  I sent you an email with the details on how I did, let me know if you do not receive it.  Thanks, Shawn

Pop-T@B,
    Did you ever post the details on your method of accessing inside the wall to add reinforcement for the mount?

It's mentioned in the thread, but I can't seem to find the details.

Our TV is mounted on the opposite wall, so all I can figure would be to open up the access hole in the base of the wall a bit larger, underneath the bench seat, and work a 3/4" piece of plywood up in there, then pull it in tight with the bracket mounting screws...

How 'zactly did you do it? (My bracket hasn't arrived yet, so I haven't even started)

Thanks! Excellent mod!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options

I have had quite a few requests for the install instructions. I did not post them the first time, because they are a very long read and I didn't know if anyone would be interested in doing this. So here they are, please let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your interest.

I like the new Lagun table mounting system, except for two things, the high price just for the mount, with no table and you still have a post in the middle of your bench. We have been using a fold up table and it works fine, but I wanted something that was there when you need it and out of the way when you don’t. So here is what I did in my T@B Max S. I used a Barkan Flat panel TV mount model #34F which can support 77lbs ($50.00) and the top from a Mainstay folding table I was using from Walmart ($15.00), and some hardware ( under $10.00).The hardest part to this whole process is you will need to reinforce the wall below the TV, there is a piece of ½” plywood in the wall at the bottom of the  hole where the TV mounts and behind the support rail for the bench at the bottom of the wall. The wall between the two is just paneling. Here’s how I did it, I removed the TV and mount so I could get into the wall at the top, then I removed the seat cushion and the plywood panel under it.  I cut the hole below the support rail bigger to gain more access into the wall at the bottom.  I cut a ½” piece of plywood 8” x 10” slid it down the wall thru the TV mounting hole, then cut a ¾” x 4”x 30” long board to back the plywood piece. This board is very hard to get in and down the wall, you will need to bow the wall out and tap the board down in. It will go, but it is a struggle. Once you have the two pieces in the wall, reach in from the bottom and set the ½” x 8”x 10” piece of plywood on top of the ½” piece of plywood that is already there supporting the bench rail, then take the 30” long board and put a 1 5/8” wood screw in it at the top, to hide this screw I put it between the bungee cord plastic loop below the TV mount ( see picture ), then at the bottom reach in and angle the board over towards the entrance door, you will need 2 ½ ” long wood screws, I put the 2 ½” screws thru the bench rail, the ½” plywood for the support rail and the bottom of the new 30” board, I put in 3 screws. Then back at the top, I used longer screws to reinstall the plastic bungee loop, so they would reach thru the plywood and into the new 30” board which also gave me 3 screws in the top. So what you get is a board mounted solid at the top and bottom to the existing wall with a filler board (the ½” x 8” x10”) setting on top of the plywood for the bench support rail. When I mounted the TV wall mount I used 5- 1 5/8” wood screws, make sure the screws go thru the wall, the new ½” piece of plywood and the new 30” long board. I put in one screw, then pulled the TV mounting arm out to make sure it was level and then I installed the rest of the screws, then installed the cover. You will need to notch out the plywood for the seat base to accommodate the new mount. Now for the modifications to the TV mounting arm is you will need to take off the mounting post on the end of the arm. ** Please note if you want the table height at 28” from the floor you will need to cut 3” out of the center of the post and weld the post top back on, if not the table height will be 31”** and reinstall it on the top side of the arm, remove the two metal brackets that limit the tilt, I installed a ¼” x 4” turnbuckle in their place with a removable pin on the bottom hole. This will allow you to tilt the table 90 degrees. Now onto the table, I removed the legs, mounted the TV mounting bracket to the bottom of it, the outer rim of the table has a metal rail molded into it, be sure you get your mounting screws into the metal. Then install the table to the TV mounting arm, tilt the table flat, install the pin thru the turnbuckle, then thru the hole in the TV mounting post. Use the turnbuckle to level the table.  To store the table remove the pin, tilt the table , swing around under the TV pull out the TV and while pushing the table back under the TV,  tilt it vertical and push flat against the wall, push the TV back and the table is stored out of the way.

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Thanks Pop-T@B, I see why you held back!

Since our TV is on the other wall, I guess I'll be winging it for getting the reinforcement behind the wall panel. I might be able to work it from the shower-plumbing access panel.

I'll post when I figure it out.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    TonydjdTonydjd Member Posts: 111
    I recently purchased a 2015 max s not sure if I got a good deal did not do alot of research before purchase but felt good at 15. I like how everybody shares ideas, I like the Lagun style (pricey) simple fact I'm going to try to make table top as bed support after installing couple of fir strips.
    Tony D
    Central,Fl
    2015 T@B Max-S

• Options
    ThunderhavenThunderhaven Member Posts: 4
    I just completed this modification and it came out great. The instructions from Pop-T@B worked great. I actually had the biggest challenge with getting the mechanical linkages to where I was happy. I ended up using two turnbuckles and a 1/4 in safety pin as a quick disconnect. I also used a bamboo top instead of everyone's favorite table top. Call this the mid range option because it ended up costing about $115.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Beautiful mod, Thunder!!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    Now that is a VERY NICE table solution....!!!

I am very impresses and a bit jealous...
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Thunder...Impressive!!!

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    looks great! where did you get the bamboo top?
  • Options
    ThunderhavenThunderhaven Member Posts: 4
  • Options
    FromupnorthQCFromupnorthQC Member Posts: 6
    Hi Pop-T@B, have you found the table top with color black at Walmart. I saw a very similar model at a Walmart  Quebec, though of color white and plastic molded. Have you color painted after your purchase ? Thanks !
  • Options
    Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
  • Options

FromupnorthQC,

The table came in black, I did not repaint it, Maybe Walmart has changed the table model they stock.