Options

See Level Install

Was wondering if it would be possible to install the SeeLevel system on a 2016 T@B Max S? One big problem I would assume is the undercarriage being covered. Could a trip to the Factory be advantageous or overly costly? Would be nice to at least know your water levels (Fresh Grey & Black).
John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
South Carolina
Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Not available for retrofit according to my dealer a few weeks ago.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options

John - check this article out.  Guy says the SeeLevel uses adhesive strips that attach to the outside of the tanks.  Hmm, maybe a retrofit is possible after all.

http://www.modmyrv.com/2009/01/12/rv-holding-tank-monitor-system

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The best place to check for the best answer is Pleasant Valley.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    OutbackAZ The strips is one of the tings that make the SEELevel a better monitor vs the inside monitors that can get mucked up.
    Will try  calling the factory.
    South Carolina
  • Options
    :o Verna - calling the factory is like asking for directions when you're lost.  Most guys would buy the SeeLevel kit and THEN see if they could make it work.  Why take all the adventure out of a project?
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    OutbackAZ said:
    :o Verna - calling the factory is like asking for directions when you're lost.  Most guys would buy the SeeLevel kit and THEN see if they could make it work.  Why take all the adventure out of a project?
    I have *got* to stop taking a sip of coffee when I read your posts. I have to keep cleaning my screen and kb off. lol
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    OutbackAZ My wife broke me of that "guy" gene
    South Carolina
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    John - How'd ya let that happen? Ya gotta man up, no retreat ;-)
  • Options
    survival is important....harmony.....I do have some relapse thought
    South Carolina
  • Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    If Mrs. Gnome ain't happy.....
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    OutbackAZ said:
    That's why you "guys" never want to do that.... <.Verna hitting forehead with palm of hand >   But Verna is on the road and she really wants to know the answer, too!

I'll tell on myself that I finally had to call tech support for my Tailgator portable satellite dish. The tech, such a patient young man, caught one of my comments as I was running a temporary cable out the door. I said "Now I just have to connect the cable to the rear of the TV." Oops.....I have an HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV, so the cable goes to the rear of the receiver, is what he told me......<Verna hitting forehead with palm of hand>.....  Tailgator now works....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Talked to the Factory today in re SEELevel instal for Fresh Black & Grey. Estimate was $500. (  $215.00 for parts and 2 1/2 to 3 hrs for install at $105 per hr). They have not done one yet.
    South Carolina
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited January 2016
    John&Kris said:
    Talked to the Factory today in re SEELevel instal for Fresh Black & Grey. Estimate was $500. (  $215.00 for parts and 2 1/2 to 3 hrs for install at $105 per hr). They have not done one yet.
    Yikes, that's expensive! Sounded tempting, but I think I'll just open the toilet, instead....
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    mannymanny Member Posts: 108
    hey, john&kris I too talked to factory about SEELEVEL  $ 172.00  That's two senors & the moniter..    I have a 2015 L-Maxx   a little cheaper..  don't have a black tank. don't know if I,m going to pull the trigger on this mod..   Its temping..   doing a renovation on a half bath here..  all the funds are for this now...   happy new year & camping guys...     2015 L-Max TV 2008 Honda ridgeline
    2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited January 2016
    John -  I just got your message and apologize for not getting back to you earlier but I have been busy here at home, doctor's appointment after the first of the year, etc.  I did click on your screen name (was going to send a message) and get a message, "User Not Found."  I wonder if the "&" in your screen name creates an identity issue for the system?  You do come up via a search but I cannot seem to get into your profile?   But do have the ability to edit your user profile....  Is anyone else getting the same error message when clicking on John's screen name?  If so, no one will be able to send messages to you John.  

I'm guessing these type of installs are all done on Fridays as I recall as they do set aside some time to do this type of retrofit at the factory.  I'd like to put one on my trailer too and might schedule it during the Rolling Home event in Ohio next summer or possibly drive down in the spring time.  

If not, I might even attempt an install (in warmer weather) as it doesn't seem too difficult other than positioning/attaching the sensors on the tanks and getting the wiring up into the trailer and attaching them to a 12 volt feed inside the trailer, mounting the gauge, etc.  The article above describes the unit well and by cutting off the strips (proportionately to the tanks), they sync themselves in when the unit is activated.  This would be a handy item and allow one to plan ahead (dump gray/black water & fill fresh water tank, etc.) as needed.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Mike - I get the "user not found" for John&Kris also ... betting you're right, the & is the problem.
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Mike - I get the "user not found" for John&Kris also ... betting you're right, the & is the problem.
    Ditto - same error for this end user clicking on John's name.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    elmeauxelmeaux Member Posts: 44
    & is an operator in programming languages (I remember it from PHP I did years ago, it is used in that case to pass a reference) and it and other symbols usually are reserved from end user as "special characters" because of they way they'll be parsed. I noticed the link to john&kris (correctly) does not include the & (as that would cause it to go to a user just named john) and instead is johnkris. So if the url and the database are using two different identifiers that's why you are getting an unknown user.

2016 M@x S Sofitel - The T@bahoula
  • Options
    elmeaux said:
    So if the url and the database are using two different identifiers that's why you are getting an unknown user.
    Vanilla and their platform do not like MAC and since Little Guy's web site is serviced via their personal web designer I'm betting you are on the right road.   I will play around with John's screen name and see if that is indeed the issue.  
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    A basic principle of user interface design is that the user cannot be allowed to do something that the system cannot handle. If & and other characters don't work well in user names, then a user shouldn't be able to select a username that includes those characters. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I just changed John's screen name a tad bit and the "&" symbol was the culprit as you can now view John's profile and communicate with John after the change.   I did send him an email explaining things and hopefully this will be acceptable.

Thanks
  • Options
    Photomom - A lot of old software doesn't conform :-(
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Photomom - A lot of old software doesn't conform :-(
    My old brain software needs upgrading, but I'm afraid I might blow a tube. I need to get more punchcards.... Oh wait! SeeLevel.. that's what we were talking about :) 
  • Options
    COBOL...anyone else temember that??? Or should that be C@B@L??
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Verna said:
    COBOL...anyone else temember that??? Or should that be C@B@L??
    My third language, after English and Fortran.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Boy did we create some problems. SORRY. But as usual Mike fixed everything !!!!!
    I think why ours would be a bit more expensive is the the "26's have the undercariage covered. Marvin at the Factory said for the Fresh Grey and Black it would be $120 for parts $90 for Sensors and $5 for wire. Again these were his estimates as they had not  done one. Then $150 per hour he figured 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. Would be nice to have but I think we will spend the $500 or so on travel  and  fun.

Again apologizes Mike for the extra work you had to do.
    South Carolina
  • Options
    Nah, you didn't create any issues John.  We all can learn from these small blips and it is system related and wasn't an issue making the change.  I just thought it was strange that I wasn't able to access your profile other than via editing it in the system dashboard is all.  I did make the same change over on the LG forum too so you should be all set.
  • Options
     :) 
    South Carolina
  • Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199

I ordered the SeeLevel II kit from Pleasant Valley, just received it today. The Kit was $210.00 with shipping. I started the install today on my 2016 Max S, so far I have the wires ran inside the RV, the hole cut out for the Monitor and have it mounted. Cutting the hole was tricky do to the bundle of wires behind the wall. You need to make sure to keep them out of the way when you are cutting the hole. I still need to mount the tank senders and run the wire up thru the floor, hope to finish this Friday evening if all goes as planned. I will post some picks and time spent once I am done.