Options

Battery storage compartment

We are the new owners of a 2016 Q-max. This might sound silly but...while hunting for our T@B, I noticed inside practically every battery/propane storage box, there is a piece of 4" PVC pipe attached vertically to the front....what is this for?

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited January 2016
    Many of us store our dump hose in there and the dump end fits in that pvc pipe.
    Mine curls up on top of the battery box with the end held in place in that pvc.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Sebenius said:
    We are the new owners of a 2016 Q-max. This might sound silly but...while hunting for our T@B, I noticed inside practically every battery/propane storage box, there is a piece of 4" PVC pipe attached vertically to the front....what is this for?
    Congrats! A lot of dealers include a cheap sewer hose and they fit in the PVC. I am pretty sure most of the better hoses don't.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Jenn - My Rhino fits great.
  • Options
    SebeniusSebenius Member Posts: 5
    Thanks. Now I will sleep at night...;)

• Options
    PXLated said:
    Jenn - My Rhino fits great.
    I keep the elbow on all the time, so it didn't work for me.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I have this elbow on mine and it fits just fine - You have something different?

• Options
    edited January 2016
    PXLated said:
    I have this elbow on mine and it fits just fine - You have something different?

That's what I have, but it didn't fit. Maybe our PVC was a different size? Do you use the cap?

• Options
    Cap - No, I figured fresh air up thru the hose was better than sealing it off.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Before I swapped out the plastic front bin with the diamond plate one, I had that PVC pipe for the sewer hose. It was perfectly round for about 5 minutes and held a 10' hose with the elbow ball-bungied inside the bin for security. Then the pipe decided being round was too conventional and it made putting the sewer hose in it near impossible. It was a good idea, but my little piece of PVC pipe was a rebel (alas!). I was going to replace it with a larger PVC pipe, but decided I needed some more room in my front bin.

Since swapping out the bin for diamond plate (non LG one), I have 3 more inches all the way around (including height) and have 25' of hose happily snuggled in the bin and there is plenty of circulating air to keep it dry.

If your PVC pipe rebels, I would suggest replacing it with a larger diameter pipe or do a search to find all the cool mods people have done to store those hoses!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    To be clear, I don't feed the hose into the pipe, I just seat the dump end connector in and then curl the collapsed hose on top of the the battery box.
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    To be clear, I don't feed the hose into the pipe, I just seat the dump end connector in and then curl the collapsed hose on top of the the battery box.
    Mine cane with a cheap hose in it.