Options

Step is bending down!

For some reason the right side of the stair step is beginning to bend down when I step on it.   I looked down at the mounting, and it's all behind the visqueen (or whatever that black barrier is), and a frame crossmember is bending down with the stair!

Anyone familiar with the way the stair mounts?  Is my frame coming apart?!??   Help :)
T@@bulous
2014 T@B CS Maxx
TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
Martha Lake, WA

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    My 2015 is mounted over the black cloth. I turned too sharp, caught a rock so had to take it off and straighten it. While it was bent though it did kind of like you're describing because the back catch wouldn't seat correctly. On mine it was very easy to get off and back on.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited January 2016
    My step has a slight bend downward. I have a portable (adjustable) step I use when I have the camping tent attached as the tent does not allow for the built-in step to be pulled out. I haven't put the step issue on the top of my list of things to do. It's sorta hanging at the bottom of the list and I'll probably do something about it when it starts to annoy me or becomes a problem.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    hunter99hunter99 Member Posts: 45
    It's more of a bandaid fix but I have seen a support that goes under the step when it's pulled out. I saw it at Camping World. It is an adjustable pole that looks like it mounts under the step that is pulled out. I believe it may fold up under there when not in use but not sure.