Options

Storage Tanks

Is it alright to travel with the storage tanks full or partially full? Do they have baffles in the tanks?

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited February 2016
    Obviously there are situations (e.g., dry camping on BLM land, etc.) that will limit or inhibit your ability to dump your tanks and you will be required to travel with a full tank or partially filled tank until you can get to a dump station.   Weight is certainly a consideration as a gallon of water equals about 8 pounds, so the added weight will add weight to the tongue and the over all trailer weight while traveling.  I do not believe there are baffles in the tanks that I am aware of.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited February 2016
    Since I boondock a lot I travel with partially full tanks at least half the time. No problem other than maybe a slight hit to gas mileage because of the weight. If I'm at a campground with a dump I do empty before heading out. I do put a gallon of fresh water in each tank with a bio tab so it can slosh around and rinse the tank. If I know there is fresh water where I'm heading, I'll leave the fresh water tank empty/low otherwise I fill it when I leave the current source.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I haven't noticed much of a difference. My grey tank is only 11 gallons, though, so it is that much lighter than the ones with a 19 gall. tank.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014