Options

New T@B owner in Michigan

TaB2goTaB2go Member Posts: 57
    Finally our new 2016 baby LG T@B MaxS silver/silver arrived on Feb. 2 and she's a bute! It was a long 4 months! but worth the wait. Looking forward to everyone's good advise and help for another new T@Ber. Lots of great pre baby arrival info already thanks to all of you fellow T@B owners.  We are anxiously looking forward to our planned trip out west to visit friends in Az. and family in Ca. and as many national parks as we can reasonably fit into 4 or 5 weeks.  Talk about impatient!!   Jim and Edith :)

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Welcome aboard - You're gonna love it.
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    It's always nice to have other T@B owners in the Wolverine State!
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Welcome aboard from Linden, Mi!   
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    A Hoosier checking in ;-). You'll love it. I'm
    on week 5 or 6 of my wintering in AZ, again. See, I'm having so much fun, I've lost track of time!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    What day is it? For that matter, what month is it? :-)
  • Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    edited February 2016
    TaB2go said:
        Finally our new 2016 baby LG T@B MaxS silver/silver arrived on Feb. 2 and she's a bute! It was a long 4 months! but worth the wait. Looking forward to everyone's good advise and help for another new T@Ber. Lots of great pre baby arrival info already thanks to all of you fellow T@B owners.  We are anxiously looking forward to our planned trip out west to visit friends in Az. and family in Ca. and as many national parks as we can reasonably fit into 4 or 5 weeks.  Talk about impatient!!   Jim and Edith :)
    Welcome to the teardrop community.  There is an association of teardrop owners with a forum called the Tear Jerkers. I have been a member for about a year and this coming weekend - February 12th-15th we are going to a winter camping adventure at the Pinery Provincial Park in  Grand Bend, Ontario - look for the Southern Ontario Chapter (after/if you join). I was asked to come by a person in Michigan who also has a Jeep Wrangler tow vehicle and tows a Little Guy teardrop.  

I'm pretty sure that there may be space available (9 sites at time of posting) and it would be nice to see some other T@Bs. Very close for many in Michigan - 2.5 hrs from Detroit, 3 hrs from Linden MI and about 2 3/4 hrs for me from Toronto.  I have towed and stayed in the T@B in the winter with no problems - boon docking.  These camp sites have electricity so you can supplement the heat with electric space heaters this weekend.
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Welcome!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
         This forum generates so much enthusiasm and support. Thank you all!

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Just remember, studies have shown that enthusiasm and support are by-products of insanity (highly contagious). Welcome!! :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    edited February 2016

Welcome and Congratulations!  The insanity starts.  You are going to love it.  Feel free to chime in here and ask questions!

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Thank you Boo, Right now it is winter in Michigan 16 degrees cold,unfortunately. As soon as the weather breaks, we plan to try out our T@B at a campground about 25 mi. from home, then again in April for a weekend before heading West in May.
           We have been reading and reading and reading this forum, and agree that it is the best. Appreciate your advice and have been gathering all the little necessary things we think we will need.       Sooooooooo anxious.     Happy camping back to you,     Jim and Edith
  • Options
    ChessieMikeChessieMike Member Posts: 5
    Welcome from Lansing, MI! My wife and I purchased ours in May 2015.
  • Options
    tfire328tfire328 Member Posts: 22
    Welcome. We are new too having just purchased our T@b recently. BTW, good choice with yours, ours is also silver on silver. Can't wait for warmer weather to get camping!
    Ted & Donna. Bay City, Michigan. Ford Escape, 2016 Tab Max-S

• Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Jim & Edith: Welcome aboard. We love our "16T@B MaX S . Happy T@Bing
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Congratulations and welcome, though I don't know that I should trust those folks from Michigan :wink: 

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Hi! I think we are trust worthy, but you just can't trust our weather! Hee Hee! :)  We are stoked to get on the road !!!!
  • Options
    TaB2go said:
    Hi! I think we are trust worthy, but you just can't trust our weather! Hee Hee! :)  We are stoked to get on the road !!!!
    Welcome. You don't need to wait for warm weather- you have a good furnace. BTW we are going to Silver Lake Dunes for the first time, May 21st. Have you been to the State Park there?
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    Yes, many years ago. So long ago , forget what it was like, sometime in the 70,s i think. jim
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Welcome welcome...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Mercator, as Michigan State Parks go, in the summer Silver Lake State Park is rather crowded but it shouldn't be too bad when you are there.  Will you be playing out on the dunes?
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    TABalong said:
    Mercator, as Michigan State Parks go, in the summer Silver Lake State Park is rather crowded but it shouldn't be too bad when you are there.  Will you be playing out on the dunes?
    We are going for the Canadian May 24th long weekend, which is a week before the US Memorial Day.  Hopefully it won't be too crowed on the dunes as we plan to take the doors off and the top down (weather permitting.)  I have the front flag already to mount on my Jeep light bar.  The videos on YouTube make it look like a fun place to go off road.  Do you know if I can take fireworks with me to the State Park or the Dunes as they are a 24th of May tradition in Canada?
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    Though the law regulating fireworks in Michigan was liberalized in 2012, there is a lot of pushback from fire departments, neighbors and local officials to modify the liberalized law.   Whatever happens, it is illegal to set off fireworks on public or school property which state parks and the public dunes at Silver Lake certainly are.   Though the Memorial Day holiday is one of the dates during which fireworks are allowed on private property, my sense is that the most fireworks are reserved for the Fourth of July holiday.   It would be best to check with park rangers regarding what is legal.   If your use is determined to be an illegal use, you can rest assured in a busy state park, you will attract the attention of authorities.
    States Visited Map