Options

Norcold 3way fan question

We are new owners of a 2016 T@B max s. What is the reason for the external fan on the Norcold 3way fridge? Is it necessary to run the fan all the time?  Seems to be noisy and would be a battery drain.

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    TaB2go said:
     We are new owners of a 2016 T@B max s. What is the reason for the external fan on the Norcold 3way fridge? Is it necessary to run the fan all the time?  Seems to be noisy and would be a battery drain.
    The Norcold can generate a fair amount of heat. You only need to run the fan when you want to run it to help exhaust the hot air generated by the Norcold.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    TaB2goTaB2go Member Posts: 57
    Thanks, I understand the principal for the need,  but wondering how to determine when it's necessary  to turn it on?
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    TaB2go said:
    Thanks, I understand the principal for the need,  but wondering how to determine when it's necessary  to turn it on?
    When you don't like the temperature. :o

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    If my built-in fan (on the left side and it vents through the floor) runs much, I turn on the auxiliary fan, and the built-in fan turns off.  I feel the auxiliary fan is much quieter than the built-in.  

A quick way to tell if you need to turn on the auxiliary fan is if the countertop is hot to touch....or if chocolate melts on it.  Turn on the auxiliary fan to save the chocolate!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    As Verna mentions, if your countertop is hot/warm, turn on the fan. If it's cold out, don't, extra heat generator :-)
  • Options
    TaB2goTaB2go Member Posts: 57
    Verna, you are my hero! As a fellow chocolate lover, my stash will remain safe now, and thank you for your reply. As a sweatshirt of mine reads- "give me all your chocolate and nobody gets hurt" ha,ha =) Edith and her TV driver Jim