Options

Mopar brake controller

JK5756JK5756 Member Posts: 25
I just installed the Mopar brake controller in my wife's 2012 Grand Cherokee.  Pretty simple plug and play.  However, the red led light remains on when the vehicle ignition is off...is this normal?? Does the brake controller stay hot all the time?  Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm a newbie and don't want to wake up to a dead battery.  Thx

Comments

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    The Prodigy stays lit 10 or 15 minutes and then goes out.  If yours doesn't go out after a time I'd definitely find out if its right but it might be OK. My security system blinks continuously and I sometimes go two weeks between starts on the vehicle.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    Guess I was a little impatient...went back and checked and the light is now out.  Thx db! 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    JK5756 said:
    I just installed the Mopar brake controller in my wife's 2012 Grand Cherokee.  Pretty simple plug and play.  However, the red led light remains on when the vehicle ignition is off...is this normal?? Does the brake controller stay hot all the time?  Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm a newbie and don't want to wake up to a dead battery.  Thx
    Where did you mount it? I have a temporary mount to the left of the steering wheel but there think I am going to move it to the little media cubby in the center.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I mounted it under the steering column area just to the right side.  Not real sure I like this location, may be moving it.  

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    JK5756 said:
    I mounted it under the steering column area just to the right side.  Not real sure I like this location, may be moving it.  

That's just about where my temporary mount is.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014