Options

We did it! AZ-UT-CO

JK5756JK5756 Member Posts: 25
edited February 2016 in Introductions
Well we survived our maiden voyage...picked her up Sat AM in Mesa AZ.  Pulled out of Tom's and made it about 1/4 mile down the road and I saw the door swing open on the t@b.  Note to self, make sure the deadbolt catches before pulling away.  After securing the door, we pressed on to Sedona, AZ and Rancho Sedona RV park.  What a great campground for our first night in the new t@b. I had a little difficulty trying to get the hitch coupler off the ball.  Luckily, a fellow camper was walking by and assisted.  He was a fellow T@b owner but recently transitioned to a small Airstream. T@bbers are everywhere and very helpful!! 
The next morning we woke up early and headed up through Oak Creek Canyon toward Moab, UT.  We arrived in Moab and set up camp at Moab Valley RV resort.  This was also a very nice place..the staff was super friendly during check in, bathrooms/showers were very clean.  Wish we had more time to explore Moab.  The drive back to Denver took us up and over Vail pass which was sloppy and snow covered.  The Grand Cherokee and t@b handled the conditions very well.  The most challenging part of the entire trip was getting it into the storage shed.  It is a really tight fit and I was hoping to be able to push it by hand.  Unfortunately, the entrance slopes up and there is about a 2" lip.  My wife and I just couldn't get it in by ourselves.  A passer by stopped and assisted, he had me hook back up and ground guided me back into the unit.  It took a couple attempts but I finally got it up over the lip and we then managed to push it in the rest of the way.  whew! I'm hoping it will be a little easier with my Wrangler.  I'm gonna have to practice.  
We love the T@b outback and are very happy with our purchase!! can't wait for the weather to break.  Thanks again to everyone for the tips and advice. 
Here are a couple pics from our campsites. 

Comments