Options

How do you replace brake light bulbs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TomStephens1TomStephens1 Member Posts: 88
    Actually it wasn't the brake light that was out, but a daylight running light (if that's what it's called). I sent the dealer this photo and they in turn contacted t@b.  I received the replacement this week. - It appear that the light just pops out and the new on quickly installs. Fortunately I'm under warranty! 

Thanks!

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    I don't think mine will be that easy.. 
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Well, my light came, along with a note to see the dealer..  Doesn't seem difficulty, or is it?

Also got the fan kit.  That came with install info and video like...

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Can't address the light but the vent fan was pretty simple to install - I did it on the road. There's a video that showed what to splice to what.
  • Options
    TomStephens1TomStephens1 Member Posts: 88
    Thanks. Just received the replacement from the dealership.  I don't think I'll have a problem installing it.
  • Options
    Well,  I decided to fix my own tail light.   It's only a three wire hookup.   What could happen...?  I started by just taking off the red cover.   Nope... have to go deeper.   As you can see,  I went slowly and carefully,  encountering a lot of silicone.   You need 2 square head bits and a Phillips.   Then you will find out that you have to cut the three wires (leave yourself a lot of wire,  snip next to light housing)  and get that darn light out of the caulking...  Lots of it.   My replacement light housing is a two piece,  while the installers used two screws and drove them in the sides on the original.    I didn't do that on the replacement,  so it added difficulty keeping them together during the install.   The light housing goes into the red plastic case from the backside,   and the red cover screws on from the outside to hold them together.   Then you have to maneuver it all back into the hole and screw both plates back down.   I used some caulk to refill screw holes etc,  which I proceeded to get on my hands and everything else.   Just had extra cleanup,  no harm done.   (makes me remember airplane and car models as a kid,  getting glue on the windshields).   Now on to my fan install.  

Hot one today..  We canceled our weekend camp... 

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    LilBLilB Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2006 Dutchman Thor T@B with a burned out tail light.  Anyone know what kind of bulb I need?   Thanks!
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    Seems like ours used a fairly standard automotive 2-filament bulb, like an 1157. Best bet is to take the old one in to a NAPA store to match it -- but it may just be a bad connection; mine frequently had to be "tweaked" to get it to work. Check that.