Options

T@B Tent

I will start with a little background information.  We picked up our new T@B Outback two weeks ago, while taking delivery the tent we ordered was in a box in the trailer.  When we asked the dealer if the trailer was specifically ordered for the Outback they said no, it was one we had in stock.  Since we have heard that the regular tent will not fit due to the raised height and we also saw on the Teardrop Shop website that it specifically ask if you have an Outback we said we would wait until the one we ordered came in.  Fast forward two weeks, I called multiple times to check to see if our tent had come in and when the dealer finally returned our call they said yes and we drove back to the dealer to get it.  So this tent is not in a box, the description is "T@B Tent-Silver/Black/Non-Clamshell (we ordered all silver since our trailer is all silver) the tent looks like it has been unpacked before and there is also a paid invoice for the tent made out to a different customer from 4 months ago.  Is it typical for the Teardrop Shop or the dealer to resell used parts?  Needless to say we were excited with our purchase but we have yet to even take it out for it's maiden trip and this is starting to sour the whole experience. 

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I'm pretty sure the Teardrop Shop (Little Guy) isn't the culprit. They are very customer oriented. Betting the dealer is just trying to get rid of something they already had - remember, the dealers are independent. Yiu're best bet is probably to just order direct from the Teardrop Shop. If you have a problem there, LG is usually johnny on the spot making things right (from my experience)
  • Options
    SchoonerazSchooneraz Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, we have sent the dealer an email saying "maybe they grabbed this tent in error" the reasons why we think so and are giving them an (1) opportunity to rectify this.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited February 2016
    My experience with Jessica in the Teardrop Shop has been exceptional. As PXL said, they will "make it right" and be professional, pleasant and take care of things as quickly as possible. I wish there were more companies that work with the customer the way LG and their Teardrop Shop do. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    We are thinking of getting the awning... The Teardrop shop has it for around 4-5 hundred, whereas the dealer quoted me 600..
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    SchoonerazSchooneraz Member Posts: 4
    Well the dealer has told me that the tent was reordered and shipped today so it should be here in a couple of days, (fingers crossed 3rd time a charm?).
  • Options
    moosemamamoosemama Member Posts: 26
    Three strikes, you're out.  Third tent was wrong too!  The one we received was not the Outback version, which we asked for repeatedly.  We retuned it to the dealer for a refund so we can order what we want direct from the Teardrop Shop.  So far, we are not impressed with this dealer.  The users on this forum are so much more helpful and knowledgeable.  Thank goodness for all of you.
    AZ - 2016 T@B-S Outback Silver/silver
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    That's too bad - Unbelievable actually.
    When you order from the TDS I think I'd do it via phone and let them know of your problem and what dealer it was.
  • Options
    moosemamamoosemama Member Posts: 26
    PXLated said:
    That's too bad - Unbelievable actually.
    When you order from the TDS I think I'd do it via phone and let them know of your problem and what dealer it was.
    Thanks, PXL.  Good advice.  I did talk to Pahaque and they said it isn't the first issue they have heard about with our dealer.  On the plus side, I ordered the Visor XL online yesterday, and the TDS said allow 4 - 8 weeks for delivery, then I got an email this morning saying it shipped!  Looks like we will have shade for our break in trip next week.
    AZ - 2016 T@B-S Outback Silver/silver
  • Options
    KeltdubhKeltdubh Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2016
    Good Luck with the ordering of your tent.  There seems to be some confusion not just with the dealer but within the whole network on the tents for the Outback Model.  When we placed our order for our trailer and tent in October, we told our dealer that "Outback Model" with have to be specified for the tent due to the extra ground clearance.  At that time, PahaQue specified a specific model for the tent on their website, but the Teardrop Shop did not.  I emailed Little Guy to inquire whether or not they would be carrying the tent for the Outback Model.  I received two emails back stating that the Non-clamshell model tent was for the Outback.  My dealer received the same email and guess what when the first tent came in?  We drove an hour and a half to pick it up and an hour and a half back home and back again to take it back.  When the 2nd tent came it, it had stamped on the box "T@B Tent Non-clamshell."  I told my sales guy before we left that it was not going to fit and guess what?  I went online again to make sure that I was dreaming things and on both PahaQue's and Little Guys Site ther was now a selection for an Outback Model in the drop down menu when ordering the tent.  I cut out the middle man and emailed Little Guy directly and asked whether or not there was actually a tent designed for the Outback Model.  They forwarded my email to PahaQue and I received a call from a rep of whom was very helpful but avoided my question on whether or not a tent was designed specifically to fit the Outback.  They did; however, have UPS to pick up the tent and sent it back to me two weeks later modified to now reach the ground on our camper.  They made good and we are now very happy but what an ordeal.    

When you order...  Do as PXL has said and call and say the words Outback Model over 20 times.  Again, Good Luck  
    Ed & Tea
    Linden, VA
    2016 T@B Q Max Outback Package - 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Shenandoah Valley T@BBERS
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    moosemama said:
    Three strikes, you're out.  Third tent was wrong too!  The one we received was not the Outback version, which we asked for repeatedly.  We retuned it to the dealer for a refund so we can order what we want direct from the Teardrop Shop.  So far, we are not impressed with this dealer.  The users on this forum are so much more helpful and knowledgeable.  Thank goodness for all of you.
    PX is correct....  If you cannot resolve this issue with the dealer you should call Little Guy World Wide as they own the TDS and will resolve your issue for you.  And if it is trailer warranty related you do the same - dealer first, then contact the factory warranty rep, Ed Kauffman and Ed will help resolve any warranty related issues.  

I know that Little Guy president, Joe Kicos's son in law's father runs the TDS (Mark) and that he takes great pride in receiving/processing/shipping out the orders as quickly as he can.  I had this discussion with him and the running joke is the look on the FedEx guys face when he walks in and has to pick up the items being shipped!   :o

I have to chuckle every time I visualize the look on the guys face!   =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    TomStephens1TomStephens1 Member Posts: 88
    The tent works great.  Especially in cold weather.  We bought the one from the t@b store last fall & used it in Oregon in November.  It gave us a lot more room than we would have had in cold weather.  I recommend purchasing a tent heater if going somewhere cold.  They really help.