Options

BAL light trailer tire leveler on Outback?

I searched and could not find.  Has anyone with an Outback successfully used the cool leveler listed below?  I ask because I know the tires on Outback are a bit different.

http://www.amazon.com/BAL-28050-Light-Trailer-Leveler/dp/B000BH5MAA/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=thesmaltraien-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=674IXVOICFYRS53Z&creativeASIN=B000BH5MAA
B@t T@b, the 2016 Max S Outback, pulled by Bane, the 2014 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yes, OutbackAZ bought my BAL tire leveler from me, and we made sure it worked before the transaction was completed. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Dutchmen T@Bs have 16" rims/tires and the BAL works great, so as long as the Outback doesn't have anything bigger than 16s, you should be fine.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    RedufresneRedufresne Member Posts: 100
    Thanks so much!
  • Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    BTW, the BAL leveller will fit perfectly in the tongue box, forward of the propane tank and battery box.  I put it in with the legs up and the other end sits on the tongue and will not fall out.  I do use a bungee to hold it to the propane tank so that it doesn't rattle around.
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    Oh, wow, Mercator, this is good to know!  We are having spare moved to tongue in front of propane box (I sure hope they place it so the crank still works) and adding a sewer hose storage pipe along back under the luggage rack.  So should have room in box for this, too!  Seems like a very worthwhile purchase.  We dont want EVERY gadget, but ones that lighten the load are always welcome!
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Yes, using with my Outback axle and tires and storing in the tongue box. I keep it in a pizza carrier to protect the threads from extra dirt.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Thank you JKJenn!  You are going to be a favorite resource, I can see.  Anyone know the certain date for Teardrop Rally in Ohio?
  • Options
    I also use a 1 foot level, like this.

First I put it on the tongue of the trailer and level front to back and then I put it on the side of the T@B, near the door to see which side of the trailer needs to be raised and put the BAL leveller on that side.

Be sure and keep the leveller screw lubricated as it doesn't like to run dry.

I also use my electric drill to run turn the screw jack on the BAL.

I also have an adapter that fits the stabilizer jacks and goes into my cordless drill so that I can use my drill to raise and lower them too.

Ray and Vida Barrick
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Mercator said:
    I also use a 1 foot level, like this.

First I put it on the tongue of the trailer and level front to back and then I put it on the side of the T@B, near the door to see which side of the trailer needs to be raised and put the BAL leveller on that side.

Be sure and keep the leveller screw lubricated as it doesn't like to run dry.

I also have an adapter that fits the stabilizer jacks and goes into my cordless drill so that I can use my drill to raise and lower them too.

What's the voltage of your drill and which adapter do you use for the BAL leveler, Ray?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    Mercator said:

What's the voltage of your drill and which adapter do you use for the BAL leveler, Ray?
    I use an 18V Milwaukee cordless drill.  I also had to purchase an adapter for my drill to accept a 3/4" (I think) socket.

The drill helps take the leveller most of the way, but I still need to use the supplied wrench for the final lift/adjustment.  It really helps speed up lowering it when breaking camp.
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Anyone know the certain date for Teardrop Rally in Ohio?
    From LG:

The web site will be updated this week. It will be July 12-16. We will have online reg. soon. 

Thanks

Joe Kicos
    Owner/Chief Executive Officer 
    Little Guy Worldwide
    4122 Erie Ave SW
    Massillon, OH 44646
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I find if I do the level on the tongue or the countertop, my fridge isn't level (the most important thing to get level) so I level side-to-side on the fridge frame.
  • Options
    rlenzrlenz Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2016

After unhitching we usually end up moving the t@b by pushing or pulling it. Sometimes 180 degrees or so. Then the BAL leveler does its thing. Love it.

Cheers
    Rob
    2013 T@B CS, Chevy Traverse
    Niagara Ontatio
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I'm rarely in a campground where I can roll it around. Can usually only muscle it enough to get it on the hitch. Have gotten pretty dang good at backing into a position with a view though - Even sideways - Can you say "jackknife" :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    PXLated said:
    I'm rarely in a campground where I can roll it around. Can usually only muscle it enough to get it on the hitch. Have gotten pretty dang good at backing into a position with a view though - Even sideways - Can you say "jackknife" :-)
    My wife and I were able to move the T@B around like Rob and particularly like to be able to orient the trailer for privacy and view.  However, Vida recently had knee replacement and we don't think she will want to put strain on the knee this year.  I have decided to get some mechanical help - the Warn Drill Winch.  It can handle up to 500 lbs and should assist in manoeuvring the T@B - even pulling it up to the trailer hitch if required. The cable is 30 feet long, but I have some strong rope and a tree saver strap to extend the reach if needed.  I have a Milwaukee 18 volt cordless drill which will handle this new chore.

Ray and Vida Barrick
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    Pretty darn cool Ray! Never knew there was such a thing.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"