Options

Is Aldi sensitive to Leveling?

Our site slopes downward so much we were unable to level our T@b (2015 Maxx S Sofitel) front to back. It's tilted toward the back. It's not uncomfortable and it's cold so we're not going to use the A/C. However I notice a louder noise coming from the Aldi area under the bed. Are we potentially causing a problem? We are here through tomorrow and it's cold again so we need to run the Aldi heater and for hot water. It's working fine but I've never heard that buzzing sound so loud. Should we turn it off?

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited March 2016
    Interesting question - I know the fridge doesn't work when not reasonably level but have never heard anything concerning the Alde.
    You don't happen to be at Joshua Tree - Cottonwood by any chance? The most unlevel sites I've ever run into. Had to jacknife the T@B in sideways and was still short of blocks - was close though.
  • Options
    LuBeeLuBee Member Posts: 7
    We're at Harrison State Park and it's hilly. We didn't worry about since It's level side-to-side the fridge is ok. Just the Alde noise bothers me.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    LuBee said:
    We're at Harrison State Park and it's hilly. We didn't worry about since It's level side-to-side the fridge is ok. Just the Alde noise bothers me.
    The only time I've heard a strange noise was when I was low on glycol. Check your reservoir (rear driver's side on an S model, and in the bathroom behind the cargo door on a CS-S model). 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited March 2016
    It's sorta like the air bubble in my hydraulic brake level indicator on the motorcycle. The only time that air would influence the hydraulic fluid flow and introduce air into the system is if there were some strange leak and the system was sucking air, or I was riding the bike shiny side down and rubber side up. The air cushion in the Alde reservoir should take out any tiny trapped bubbles (unless there's some sort of weird air lock). People have reported loud Alde's were due to the pump dial set on the highest level (5 in my case) where it did fabbo on 1-3 (very quiet - settled on 2). Do a search on the Alde pump. I think PXL even took pictures of the Alde and where the itty bitty dial lives.

Edited to add: I still have yet to get the digital thermostat - other shiny things distracting me. When I call, I'm going to ask about the reservoir failure rate. If it seems to be a continuing problem, I'll ask LG if I can obtain the modified one to prevent any future issues. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)