Options

Step up, or not

AlanAlan Member Posts: 120
looking at the many wonderful T@B pictures I find that some people rely on the pull out step into the camper while others have an independent step for that purpose. Is there an issue with the step provided by the manufacturer?

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    The older Dutchman T@B's do not have the pull out step, that is probably where you are seeing the difference.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Sunny Day, my Shih Tzu, is not a good jumper. After her bruising her rear knee bad enough for me to take her to the vet, I gave up on the pull-out step and I use an aluminum step that is about 18" x 20" or so. She's happy and it was a lot cheaper than vet bills. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Pull out step works fine for me.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna said:
    Sunny Day, my Shih Tzu, is not a good jumper. After her bruising her rear knee bad enough for me to take her to the vet, I gave up on the pull-out step and I use an aluminum step that is about 18" x 20" or so. She's happy and it was a lot cheaper than vet bills. 
    Rocky is a really great jumper, but he won't even try, lol.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    He's got ya suckered with cuteness Jenn - I wouldn't jump either if momma would lift me instead ;-)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    He's got ya suckered with cuteness Jenn - I wouldn't jump either if momma would lift me instead ;-)
    This is true.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    We have a screen room which needs a seperate step so always bring the plastic stool. Also need it to access stuff on the roof rack. Also a bit easier to use than the fold-out steps. I too weigh 410 lbs.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Even with the LG T@Bs if you set up the full screen room, it blocks the pull out step, so you need an extra step. Also, if you have a site that you have to raise the front to level, you might want that extra step.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited April 2016
    Anybody able to measure the width of the standard LG step for me? 
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    It's a standard RV step, 8" deep, 20" wide. 8" from the ground when out, and about 10" from the step to the threshold. Sticks out about 10" when deployed.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Excellent, thanks JandJ!
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.