Options

Yellow wire in 7 pin connection

What is the yellow wire in the 7 pin connector for on my 2016 CS-S? Thanks in advance Art
2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge

Comments

• Options
    blueystarblueystar Member Posts: 40
    Don't know I am color blind
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    But you can read I presume ;-)
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    PXLated Thanks but on mine green is the running lights, (there is no brown wire on the T@B pigtale) red is left turn sig, yellow does nothing when power is applied, blue is brakes like it should be, black is 12 volt power like it should be, white is ground. I am a lifelong retired meck  so I have everything working & know yellow & green are normally the turn sig colors. I suspect that the junction box under the trailer may be crossed but as long as I have the lights & brakes hooked up correctly, it works fine even if the color code was not followed. I just don't feel like crawling under to change the other end! The yellow wire draws NO current as if it is not connected at all. Shows open with ohm meter. The reason I cut it was to put on the matching plug that I had on my Jeep which is the standard 7 pin used on all tractor trailers and to get rid of the long excess cable rubbing on the ground. All works now. Thanks for your help. Art
  • Options
    blueystarblueystar Member Posts: 40
    PXLated said:
    But you can read I presume ;-)
    Only in black and white
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    As far as I know - or have heard - The T@B is wired for the standard 7pin one sees in all the diagrams.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Ah ha. You neglected to tell us you were using a "tractor trailer" 7-pin connecter. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
     Verna the point I am trying to make is the T@B factory installed pig-tale wire on My brand new T@B does Not use the yellow wire for the turn signal. No matter what aftermarket plug I would put on it! Right now my yellow wire is not connected at all yet ALL turn signal and brake and running lights work. The red wire in the brand new from the factory T@B that I have is wired that way. Just pointing it out in case anyone else runs into this. I might have the only one wired that way. 
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    This is from the T@B Manual. Everything seems to work when we plug it into our TV. Am confused now is it charging the battery when we are traveling?
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    John and Kris, thank you so much for that post as I did not get a manual with my new T@B that I just bought last week. If your car has power to the black wire and you have your disconnect battery switch on (my new T@B came with the disconnect switch) your battery will be charged as you go down the road if the wire to that black terminal is of a sufficient gauge wire. Thanks again as you solved the myistery of the yellow wire. It is an auxiliary wire. Art
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    My trailer didn't come with a manual either, but you can download one (and other goodies) from the "Customer Resources" link at the top of the T@B web page.

Note that the manuals don't seem to be updated all that frequently, so some information may differ from what you see on your unit.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Thanks ScottG I just downloaded and my wiring is like the one John & Kris shows not like PXLated shows so there are some differences, thanks again. Art
  • Options
    So, does anyone know if the yellow 14g center auxiliary wire connects to anything in the T@B? If I understand Art correctly, it sounds like it doesn't. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Thanks, Bob. I noticed last night that on my TV that pin is labelled specifically (and only) for backup lights, and (as expected) shows no voltage even with the engine running. I wanted to check it while in reverse gear, but couldn't do so without running myself over... :-)

I wonder if it's wired differently on other vehicles, and that's why it's often referred to as "auxiliary." Seems a little misleading.
    2015 T@B S