Options

Keep the propane lid up while working

Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.

Comments

• Options
    moosemamamoosemama Member Posts: 26
    Great tip!  First outing and both hubby and I got smacked with a falling lid.  Those edges are sharp!  High on our to do list is finding some trim pieces to attach to the edges to prevent cuts.  Perhaps automobile door jamb trim will work.
    AZ - 2016 T@B-S Outback Silver/silver
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    There's more than one way to skin a cat!  I don't think the top of my head (and remaining hair follicles) can take too many more hits from that aluminum lid....   =)

Thanks for sharing!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

Mike: here are two products that might help.  One thickens your hair to help cushion blows from the lid.  The other completely protects your head, but insures you don't get a date on Saturday night (more time to work on those T@B mods).

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Easiest mod to date!  Why didn't I think of that?  Probably because I haven't cut myself yet. :)

2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited March 2016
    When I replaced my front bin with a diamond box, it came with 2 small hydraulic lifts. They are a little stiff in the cold, but I shored them up at their bottom connect points. Geesh, I love those things. No more boinked head. I don't need any more help with head wounds. Oh, I also did the "spring mod" on the top cabinets over the kitchen so the doors don't slam on my fingers or have to keep my head holding them up while I use both hands to search in them! ThankeweThankewe for that mod!!!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    We glued magnets. One is on the lid and the other is on the heat vent.
    Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    moosemama said:
    Great tip!  First outing and both hubby and I got smacked with a falling lid.  Those edges are sharp!  High on our to do list is finding some trim pieces to attach to the edges to prevent cuts.  Perhaps automobile door jamb trim will work.
    Exactly what I did after I installed mine and had a few cuts from those sharp edges.  Works well and looks good too.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    At OutbackAZ  ^^^   smilie
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    moosemamamoosemama Member Posts: 26
    Finally got the trim on.  No more cut hands!  Now, we'll see how it stands up to Arizona heat.  
    AZ - 2016 T@B-S Outback Silver/silver