Options

A couple of questions after the first outing

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
edited October 2014 in Tips & Tricks

My first outing with W@goneer was a success and I am so thankful. But, now I have a couple of questions.

1. Can you store stuff in the bench that has the convertor or does it get too hot?
  2. My campsite had the water way far away from the hookups and had the connection for the water on a post with 3 other campsites. Is that normal? (I ordered a second water hose connector this AM)
  3. When dumping, after closing each tank, a little still dripped from the tank. How do I keep that from dripping after I close the tanks?  There was not enough of the liquid to keep it moving into the hose, evidently.
  4. How long does it take for your hot water to heat up? It seems like it would get hot in the T@b if you turned on the hot water heater before you went to bed.

Thanks for all of your support! I was so much better prepared for the first trip as a result!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Jenn...I'm so glad your trip went well! Answers... 1. I dont think so. 2. No, not normal, they're usually next to each other. 3. Patience? I have a clear Valterra elbow with a clean water back flush attachment that at least mitigates your issue. 4. The Alde hot water doesn't "heat up" like a tank would...it's on demand. From the heater to the sink or shower takes less than a minute to get hot

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    edited June 2014
    John, thanks for the answers. I clearly need to read up on the Alde. I thought you just had to move the hot water slider to the middle position for hot water, but I might be wrong.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    IACamperIACamper Member Posts: 109
    edited June 2014
    Usually when the water is away from the campsite and is shared, it means the sites do not have water hookups, but only electric. You could hook up to the spigot to fill your freshwater tank, but shouldn't connect it as a freshwater connection.Was your site full hookups, or maybe just electric?
    Kristi Des Moines, IA 2008 T@B L
  • Options
    No, it had full hook UPS and everything was right there except the water.

• Options
    IACamperIACamper Member Posts: 109
    Then that wasn't a common setup!
    Kristi Des Moines, IA 2008 T@B L
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Can anyone suggest what the best to cover all contingencies length of water hose/sewer hose/electric cable/ anyother hose you might need be?
    Thanks
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited July 2014
    Oscar Scherer Park in Florida was the same, but was one water connection shared by every two campsites. It had two connectors and was set back in the brush between my site and the neighbors'. I did not hook as my hose was only 15 ft. and there were other priorities, like placement of LG and 5x7 tent with regard to available shade on the site, etc. I walked my dishes back there to hand-wash, as did the neighbors. No big deal. :) I had a 3 gallon drinking water jug in my galley for coffee, cooking, dog bowls, etc. Of course I wasn't trying to feed water to toilet or shower like you t@bbers, but I would think I could have made it comfortably with a 25ft hose if I really wanted to. The larger rigs around me who also had to share the water connection appeared to have positioned themselves within 25ft of the shared water post.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Thanks RollingLagrima,
    It is good to have some ballpark figures to get started.
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    CodeJunkieCodeJunkie Member Posts: 50
    My water hose is 25' and has been plenty long enough for hookup, usually with extra length left over. Sewer hose(s) are two 10' and I can normally get by using only one, but have had to connect all 20' on one occasion. Both hoses store easily in the front storage area with the LP and battery. I'm not sure how long my electric cord is....it was standard issue that came with PopT@B.
    Debbie

2014 T@B S M@xx with wetbath, aka PopT@B, silver with black trim, TV 2002 Chevy Avalanche

"Take only pictures, leave only footprints."
  • Options
    I am adding a 25 foot water hose and the two sewer hoses, 10 foot each to my list. I am thinking of a hose carrier as well. I saw one trailer with a hose carrier attached along the front side of the tongue, with the spare tire carrier along the other side. I am waiting to get my T@B home before I get either one, just to see if I really need them. Thanks so much!

The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    Does anyone know if we can use this on a T@B?  Do we need the 45 or 90 degree versions?  

Valterra F02-4100 45° RV Hydroflushby Valterra
    List Price:$20.00Price:$18.43 Eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime.You Save:$1.57 (8%)In Stock.
    Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.Style: 45 Degree45 Degree90 DegreePART# 64682
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    I've got one (45deg) and it works great!

J.D. & Sue

• Options
    Thanks, I just ordered it. It seems like a really good way to keep the tank clean. Did you ever have a problem with high water pressure using it?
    ren
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    I have been using one, too. I think it is the only way to really get the black tank cleaned out without the hassle of a wand.

• Options
    I am slowly collecting things I know I will need for my T@Baby when I finally get it. Any other suggestions Jenn? 
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    @radren...no problems with water pressure in the 4 times we've used it so far.

J.D. & Sue

• Options
    Thanks everyone. I am readying my gear but I know you can't prepare for EVERYTHING!  Ha 
    The Mouse house and me