Options

Seeking recommendations

AlanAlan Member Posts: 120
early this summer we hope to.visit Glacier NP and, then, Teddy Roosevelt NP. There is a long stretch In between. I would appreciate recommendation on what to see and where to stay between those sites?

Comments

• Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    Enjoy the drive along US 2 and plan to stop/camp at Ft. Peck Recreation Area.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    So what will be your route up?  I'd spend some time in the Black Hills region, Badlands area, Custer Battlefield, Devils Tower, etc.  Once you get up into Montana there are a lot of wide open spaces, but the rolling land is beautiful nonetheless.  So depending on which track you take there is a lot to see along the trail.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Hans111Hans111 Member Posts: 47
    If you want to head a little south into Wyoming, the Bighorn National Forest is beautiful and not as crowded as many parks in the summer.
    Doug
    Des Moines Iowa
    2016 S Max Sofitel
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    There are some boondocks g stretches along the Yellowstone River, too. I loved TRNP.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    longleafpinelongleafpine Member Posts: 12
    Longleafpine
    We have a grandson attending Tanglewood in July.
    Anyone have recommendations for t@b camping in the Lenox, MA, Berkshire area?
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Second Mike's recommendations.
    FYI - There a FS campground roughly 5 miles west that was half the price of Theo when I was thre last year.

Also, I found more Buffalo and wildlife at Theo North
  • Options
    I got rammed from behind in my Jeep by a buffalo in TRNP.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Jeep ok? oh, um.. are you ok? ;) Hopefully, that beast didn't set off any airbags. I think the buffalo was just jealous of the jkjenn Edition TV.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    Jeep ok? oh, um.. are you ok? ;) Hopefully, that beast didn't set off any airbags. I think the buffalo was just jealous of the jkjenn Edition TV.
    It was in 2013, so it was my Wrangler. It left a small hole in the plastic bumper. It was a souvenir of sorts. :) I was stuck in a wildlife traffic jam and one snuck up from behind. He must have known the Wrangler could take it. I was sitting there admiring the Bison blocking the road in front of me and I felt a jolt like I had been rear-ended only to see there were no cars behind me but a guilty looking bison was sauntering away from the Jeep. It was the craziest thing.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Bison: "Hey! I'm talking to you! *bump* "Aw, shucks, you don't wanna play?" *pouts and wanders off, muttering "it was a silly look bison anyways"....
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    edited April 2016
    Ratkity said:
    Bison: "Hey! I'm talking to you! *bump* "Aw, shucks, you don't wanna play?" *pouts and wanders off, muttering "it was a silly look bison anyways"....
    :lol:

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    My brother saw a buffalo go head to head with a tour bus in Custer State Park - Pretty much crushed in the front of the bus - Buffalo just shook it's head and waundered off. Probably a few thousand dollars worth of damage to the bus.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Oh dear. Might we regret having bought a red Tacoma?

What color was your Wrangler, Jenn?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    ChanW said:
    Oh dear. Might we regret having bought a red Tacoma?

What color was your Wrangler, Jenn?
    Silver

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Per Google, when asked if bison are color blind:  ". Like cattle, they can only see blue and yellowish hues, but not red.". 

We're safe with out Tacoma's, Chan ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”