Options

2016 travel to the Baja

SonnySonny Member Posts: 13
edited May 2016 in Camping & Travel
My husband and I along with our cat just got back from our 8000 mile trip from Newnan, Georgia to the Baja. We purchased our T@B CS/S last December. Added the aluminum platform that you've seen on the outback version. Attached our generator on one side and gas can on the other. Works great and was easy to attach. Added two solar panels on top of truck camper shell. Purchased a new Engel.  Which worked great. All ready to go. I-10 all the way to Tijuana. Easy crossing. We spent about 6 weeks camping in various campgrounds throughout the Baja. All different, all fantastic. Some on the beach,some in town, some in the desert. We never had a bad experience. Felt safe at all times. Some of the best food ever. The inexpensive prices made everything that much better. People were very nice and helpful Already planning another trip.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    My Sweet Pegaleen want to know if we can go with you next time. Do you have notes on where you stayed?
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    ok, get in your t@b and follow along.  Or get Camping Mexico's Baja by Mike and Terri Church. A must have.
    Tijuana to Ensenada -Estero Beach RV park and Resort.
    San Quintin- Fidel's on the beach - lunch at La Parcela #12
    Guerrero Negro- Malarrimo Hotel @ RV -excellant restaurant- book your whale watching trip here- worth every penny!
    San Ignacio- Petates RV and Tent - a small oasis- walk to town and see the mission- walls are 4' thick
     lunch at Rice and Beans
    Mulege-Hacienda De La Habana or Ray's place-  middle of orange groves- pick as many as your wish and they also have a juicer for you to use.
    Bahia Concepcion- there are several campground on the beach -we stayed at El Requeson- venders bring you fresh tamalies or burritos- yummy!
    Loreto-Rivera Del Mar RV park - in town -walk everywhere -best thing ever-walk across the street and leave your dirty laundy- pick up later that day- wash, dried, folded about 3 loads for $6.
    La Paz-got out of the camper for a couple of days and stayed at a B@B-CASABUENO-small, very nice.
    Los Barriles- Playa Norte- my favorite place- known for it's wind surfing school
    skip Cabo
    Todos Santos- not any good campgrounds- town nice- known for it's art community
    at this point we headed back north.  so we hit some of the same campgrounds
    so much to do and see- highly recommend going

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Sounds like a great adventure. Thanks for posting the details and photos. 
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    For a second, it looked like you made that grass shelter LOL.. then I saw the poles. What a relaxing scene.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    But how are you going next year if you're selling your T@B?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    If our T@B sells we'll buy something else.  If not, we'll go in the T@B again.
  • Options
    laurie1981laurie1981 Member Posts: 6
    I see you purchased it last December.  Thank you for posting your trip!  How amazing!
  • Options
    Tiny_TravelersTiny_Travelers Member Posts: 2
    Hi, your trip sounds amazing :)
    Where did you get the aluminum platform? We just got a T@B 320 CS-S and we'd like to add the platform.  Thanks. 
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @Tiny_Travelers, while these posts are nearly 2 years old, they are still relevant. The platform seen in the picture appears to be the standard "Boondock" or "Outback" front platform. It is available from NuCamp. Check the contact category on the left side of the page. Check for parts listing. Good luck.I see this is nearly your first post. Welcome to the forum, to the t@b family and congratulations on your trailer.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.