Length of potable water hose?

UPS guy dropped off a few boxes of RV stuff today, including a couple of 8 gallon action packers I intend to mount on the front platform, various chocks, leveling blocks, etc. Now trying to fit it all in the action packers. 

The problem is the drinking water hose. I ordered a 50' hose, which alone pretty much fills an entire action packer. I have a feeling I might have gone overboard a bit.  So, those who have experience camping with water hookups, what length hose do you use? Is 25' enough?

John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

  • Verna
    Verna Member Posts: 6,876
    I have a 25' and a 5'. In 93 days/nights, I have not needed any more. 

    I do have a 5' black hose that came in handy at a couple of dump stations that didn't have a hose. 


    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Cyclonic
    Cyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Never have found I have needed more then a 25' hose either.

    States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • jkjenn
    jkjenn Member Posts: 6,425
    I have 2 25' hoses and have needed the second hose 2x.

    2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

  • Photomom
    Photomom Member Posts: 2,217
    All righty, before I reorder a couple more questions:

    White potable water hose or heavy duty blue?

    1/2 inch hose or 5/8 inch hose?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Verna
    Verna Member Posts: 6,876
    5/8" white. 

    My opinion, solely mine: why get a blue heated hose if you don't have heated tanks? Sure, you live in cold NY state, but do you camp all year? If you camp all year, then maybe the $100 blue hose is worth it to you. But, how will you keep the water from freezing in the tanks and the pipes?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Photomom
    Photomom Member Posts: 2,217
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Verna
    Verna Member Posts: 6,876
    Photomom said:
    Sorry...the only blue one I have seen is a heated one-my apologies. White seems to be "the" color of choice at campgrounds. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Photomom
    Photomom Member Posts: 2,217
    What about the thickness? Do folks with S models find 1/2" hoses to be adequate for showering?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Verna
    Verna Member Posts: 6,876
    5/8" is a good diameter. Plenty of water pressure...you don't want too much pressure. At home, I've always used a 5/8" because they seem to always be a better quality hose. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Photomom
    Photomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Thanks much, this has been helpful as usual. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Mouseketab
    Mouseketab Member Posts: 1,262
    I've got 75 foot of hose, 25 foot and a 50 foot. I use the hoses that are a coil. They fit in a pretty small space. I mostly use the 25 foot hose, but on occasion when I turn sideways towards the back of the site, I need the extra 50 footer to reach from the back of the clamshell around the corner to the water near the middle of the site.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • kidware
    kidware Member Posts: 13
    Also make sure to use a pressure regulator (only a few bucks) - don't want your plastic pipes to pop.
    Lou in Seattle
    2012 LG T@B towed with 2004 Suburban