Options

norcold refrigerator — how to pre-cool

RudibuckRudibuck Member Posts: 20
Hi All, we have a 2016 TAB with the inside kitchen. The instructions tell you on the refrigerator that you need to have water in the tank before plugging the TAB into household power to run the refrigerator. Are we reading this correctly? The instructions also say to run the refrigerator the night before you leave on a trip to get it cold. Then, while traveling use the battery to keep it cold. 

Comments

• Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    If you put frozen water in the refrigerator the night before, the norcold will be cooled down and ready for your refrigerator items when you load up to go.  takes more power to push down the temperature if you don't give it a kickstart.  Not absolutely necessary but does help to decrease energy consumption (it is prechilled).   

Think that's what they are referring to.
  • Options
    JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 65
    On house current, I like to turn the refrigerator on two days before we leave.  It doesn't feel cold to the touch when it is empty, but after running with food in it, it is cold. I know nothing about water in the tank, but guess we have always had water in the holding tank when running. 
    2014 T@B S Max, TV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, Richland, WA
  • Options
    RickRick Member Posts: 3
    If you connect the TAB to AC you need water in the tank because the heat/water heater will likely come on automatically and can be damaged with no water in it.  
  • Options
    RudibuckRudibuck Member Posts: 20
    Thank you all for your input. All good information. We are headed out for our first trip and after reading all the various owners manuals my head is spinning! And I thought a travel trailer would be easy! LOL. 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Rudibuck said:
    Thank you all for your input. All good information. We are headed out for our first trip and after reading all the various owners manuals my head is spinning! And I thought a travel trailer would be easy! LOL. 
    It's easy after you get some time in it and get used to it. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    Rudibuck said:
    It was easy, until I started reading all those manuals and following this forum!  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    You mean you're supposed to read the manuals
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    RonRon Member Posts: 137
    A sign above my high school chemistry teachers desk:  When All Else Fails, Read the Instructions.
    2016 T@B MaxS, 2018 Jeep Rubicon 4dr, Rural Scottsdale, Az.