Options

Pressurizing water lines

My terminology may be totally incorrect; however, we thought we could put acceptable pressure on water lines and then check shortly thereafter to see if pressure remained.
Why?  Ky weather will not get out of this funk and we hoped to dewinterize.  Not going to happen for a few days but wanted to check before we went to dealer for warranty work just in case we may need help.
I will add that my husband takes his time and is very meticulous when winterizing.
Is adding water to the lines the only way to ensure there are no leaks?  We are not looking forward to adding water, draining, blowing lines and re-adding anti-freeze.
Thank you.
Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yes, Judy, that is the only way I can think of. I got back from AZ this week and one day later was outside at midnight winterizing my T@B. It looks like I can't dewinterize it until maybe next week. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Thanks Verna.  Camping season may be open, but this gal is in sweats today.  
    Keeping my fingers crossed that we can camp before school dismisses and the crowds arrive.
    Want some high winds?
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    judymac said:
    Want some high winds?
    I had enough in AZ this winter...thank you very much!  As soon as I get everything out if the truck, I will take the air compressor to the inside so it no longer feels like dust!  And Indy is getting some winds today.  

And, I'm in long pants today, too. First time since January.  Going from 90* to below freezing is a rude awakening ;(
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I had dewinterized a few weeks ago before heading to Williamsburg thinking the same, thought we were out of the woods.  I was wrong as it has been freezing here in Northern Virginia for a last few nights.

So, I guess we are almost out of the woods.

Verna is right though, the only way to really check the lines is to run water through them.  With your husband being meticulous, I think there is little chance of there being a problem.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Boo, did you open the cabinet and shower doors? There's water pipes that go around the shower enclosure to feed the kitchen sink. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    Judy, if I understand correctly, you already have antifreeze in the lines. Wouldn't the antifreeze be leaking out if you had a leak to worry about?

Your idea would theoretically work. If the lines were empty and closed, you could (gently) pressurize them with compressed air and see if the pressure remained. You would need to add the air through some sort of check valve with a pressure gauge attached.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ScottG said:
    Judy, if I understand correctly, you already have antifreeze in the lines. Wouldn't the antifreeze be leaking out if you had a leak to worry about?

Your idea would theoretically work. If the lines were empty and closed, you could (gently) pressurize them with compressed air and see if the pressure remained. You would need to add the air through some sort of check valve with a pressure gauge attached.

• Options
    Yes and exactly what we were thinking.
    Thank you.