Options

Sewer Solution

Anyone out there using a Sewer Solution for their blackwater dumping? If so, how do you like it? Is it more compact, in the long run, than the
Slinky ? Even when packing two hoses.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199
    edited April 2016
    I have it , I have only used it once and it worked great. there was no smell, it took about 5 minutes or so to empty the black tank. I have 20 feet of the sewer solution hose and a 25 foot water hose that I take with me. If you search for "sewer hose storage solution" go to the first page to the pics and you can see all of the stuff I take with me. With the T@B drains being slow low to the ground I felt this was the best way to drain the tanks, it will even pump up hill.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited April 2016
    I have it. Seems to work as advertised, but uses a lot of water, and takes a lot more time (maybe 3-5 times more time?).

I haven't tried it 'on the road',  just in my back yard, but I will probably never use it, if you want to buy it from me.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    I used it for 3 years on my Casita & now have it on my T@B. I never had to use the water to push things threw but was glad I could if it ever hot stuck. I guess sloshing around in the tank breaks up the sewage enough to let it get out. As in all cases your mileage threw the hose may very and be be different! It worked well for me for 3 years. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    We use ours at home because I only have access to an 1 1/2" drain. If a 3" or 4" drain is available it would be my first choice. Much faster and it has a better flushing effect.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    Got our Outback last April  and haven't  used the toilet yet. Still getting use to all of the other luxuries like the shower. Love the shower.
    We've agreed to start using the toilet but only for urine since we both have blader issues. Have camped for forty-five years without a trailer so  everything about the T@B is a luxury and takes some getting use to. I'm hoping that the Sewer Solution will be a compact simple choice for another luxury. 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Sabel - I use the toilet while boondocking for mainly solids - Liquids fill the tank a lot faster. Easier to use a urnal and dump daily in the boonies. Not a good solution when in campgrounds however.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    Seems to me that the Sewer Solution is not all that useful in the majority of situations.  If camping where you can only dump tanks at one location, and there is a line behind you, and no water hookup.  Or you have sewer at your site, but no water hookup.  I frequently camp at places like this.  Can it be used under those circumstances? 
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    CalldonCalldon Member Posts: 15
    I'm new. I haven't bought it tab but I'm really considering. I posted about the sewer solution on a couple of fiberglass forums. The people who have them and use them love them. When I start traveling which will be after I buy another short trailer, I will probably get it and try it out. It's better than carrying around a big old sewer hose. I wish tab came with the option of a cassette toilet. But they don't.
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    When travelling we carry a regular sewer hose.  We have an RV drain at home that we sometimes use that requires a longer hose and the ground  undulates a bit. Using the sewer solution with a hose lets me push it to the drain, plus I can flush the black tank better.  If I didn't  have the home drain I wouldn't need it.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited January 2019
    @Calldon,  We bought one (all right, I bought one, the DW had nothing to do with it).

I tried it once, here at home, and ended up not caring for it. It takes a lot more time than the 'regular' way.

I think I still have it, in its box, I think with the extension hose. If you want it, I'll send it to you, if you'll pay for shipping.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Had one for years. If you plan on using it to dump at home it will work for that purpose. It’s not practical use at full hook up sites. Nothing works like 3” hose fast and efficient. For home dumping I have gone using a  macerator pump. Much faster and easier.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun