Options

Can I have a T@B custom made like this...

I haven't seen a model yet that is this way and i'm not sure if it is possible to have it made or if I can modify it myself after I get it, but I want it to have an indoor galley & wet bath like the S model but I also want a permanent bed on the floor instead of a table and seating. I don't even want to use the table & cushions to make the bed and keep it the bed all the time, I just want to put in a regular mattress, on the ground, like the other Little Guy's are. Is such a design available? If not, how can I achieve this? Can I just rip it out myself and lay a mattress in there?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Here's the thing... the storage underneath the benches is utilized to hold furnace eqipment, your converter, and to accommodate the wheel wells. I'm sure it could be done if you wanted a slightly smaller bed, but you would sacrifice a lot of storage.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    GaiaGoddessGaiaGoddess Member Posts: 21
    Ahh, I see. So the normal Little Guy trailers don't have storage (or at least not nearly as much?)

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I think for the most part the Pleasant Valley Trailer Company will build your T@B unit to suit your needs and specs.  There are designs similar to yours that are out there and they can build these units about any way you want them.  But you would be best served by communicating your request in advance so that they have the time to build your trailer as described above.  Speak to your local distributor, pass along your specifications and let them work their magic with the factory and Little Guy.   They are currently running full production (have been since February) and you are currently looking at about an 11-12 week build time line from order point to rolling off the factory floor.  

Keep us posted as to how things go for you!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    This has been done, and they access the storage via an exterior compartment door.  A CS owner, Carol Kelly, has a permanent bed with a regular mattress, I believe.  She put in the exterior door for access to storage.  Another owner on the Yahoo forum made twin beds in his.  Several keep the table in permanent bed mode.

If you're camping solo, there's no need to modify if you can sleep wheel to wheel.  I do that by keeping the sofa back in the down position, and use a twin memory foam topper over that for a larger than twin bed.  I use the table outside or leave it home.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

I thought I would leave the back bench folded down and bed put all of the time, but there are usually a few minutes each day where I like to be upright. I use a Thermarest with a Nemo Equipment sleeping bag that holds the Thermarest and find it to work out great.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014