Options

Advice on my new idea.

Aunt SueAunt Sue Member Posts: 15
edited April 2016 in Trailer & Towing
so, I am retiring in a couple of years and planning on a TAB. But, I don't want to have to get a towing vehicle, even a small SUV. I want a VW Beetle or Golf. I have a condo in downtown Seattle and want to live a few months out of the year in diff places. So, I heard there is a way to pay people to tow your trailer? My "crazy" idea is to have someone tow it, stay there a few months, store it there and then the next time, have someone tow it to the next place. Is there a website that does that? I have a dog so will need to drive to the places I will be staying. I just love this forum, so glad I found you guys! 

Comments

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Never knew there was such a thing!  
    http://www.rvtransportpro.com

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    One of our forum moderators lives in Spokane, maybe he'd be up to the task and he could camp for a few nights while getting your trailer to your destination.   And yes, I am very serious!

I sent him the link to the discussion and will see what he says.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Wow, who knew! Curious about the pricing. "Someday" we want to explore the national parks out west and this might be something to consider. 

What would you do about getting your T@B in for service and state inspections, or if it needs warranty work?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    thanks for all the info! I don't know about service yet:) Haven't thought that far ahead:) 

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    "The destination is just the excuse for the journey." You'll be missing out if you don't do the actual traveling. I must say your idea is very creative. Obviously, you're not an accountant.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    GregorioGregorio Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2016
    Aunt Sue, Interesting concept.  I'm the guy from Spokane, WA that Michigan Mike referenced above. I would like to hear more about your plans.  I'm a LG owner, retired and have a 2013 Ram 1500 ST Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Liter V8 Hemi and can pretty much tow any Teardrop +. I'm also a LG Forum Moderator.  
    Spokane, WA (LG Forum Moderator)
    2011 6-Wide Sport
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    One of our forum moderators lives in Spokane, maybe he'd be up to the task and he could camp for a few nights while getting your trailer to your destination.   And yes, I am very serious!

You sure that was wise Mike :lol:

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited April 2016
    Cyclonic said:

Greg actually sent me an email and thanked me for the referral.  Hey, he's an experienced owner and know he has camped around Washington and beyond.  Mt Rainier is a favorite spot and who knows, maybe he could tow his trailer over, pick Sue's rig up and take the trailer over to a spot she likes, Greg could hook up with friends and have a blast since he is retired and is a wine connoisseur!  He loves to camp in his Little Guy and if it helps pay for his gas all the better!  

I will leave the rest up to Sue...  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    If this pans out it might be one of the coolest solutions, ever.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Cyclonic said:

Greg actually sent me an email and thanked me for the referral.  Hey, he's an experienced owner and know he has camped around Washington and beyond.  Mt Rainier is a favorite spot and who knows, maybe he could tow his trailer over, pick Sue's rig up and take the trailer over to a spot she likes, Greg could hook up with friends and have a blast since he is retired and is a wine connoisseur!  He loves to camp in his Little Guy and if it helps pay for his gas all the better!  

I will leave the rest up to Sue...  
    LOL... Mike, you're a great sell. All I could think of was e-T@Bh@mony (I know that wasn't your intent, but your well-worded description made me smile). 

Sue, hope your plans work out!! 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Hmmm, I see a Tab network of one-way trippers evolving.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options

Thanks! I think getting someone from here would be better than some company where I don't know anyone. So the dream continues. We will see. It will be another yr or so. But the planning is so fun! I hear they might make a bit bigger one in 2017. That would be nice...
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @OutbackAZ No, I'm not an accountant! That was funny. I'm a therapist and I'm building an online biz that is just Advice and Education. That is how I plan to make money while I travel:) Thanks for the encouragement! Also, I'll be driving to where ever I go, just not have a big car for towing. BUT, the more I think about it, I might just get a Jeep Renegade, they are CUTE:) Then I can be more in control. We shall see. 

• Options
    @Chan and a new business for someone! 

• Options
    @Gregorio I'm just in the planning stages. I won't be doing this for another yr or so. What I've been thinking is that I get someone to take the trailer to where I want to stay for 3-4 months out of the yr. Then I store it at that location and then get someone to take it from that location to the next the next yr. I live in downtown Seattle and don't really want a big car. And I love driving VW Beetles or Golfs:) I have a small Corgi so I have to drive. But I do like the Jeep Renegde, it doesn't seem so big. I saw one on the street yesterday. Interesting, huh? 

• Options
    @Verna Oh, I don't see them? Ddi you just send? 
  • Options
    @Verna I found it I just replied. 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Sue has graciously agreed to change her name to "Aunt Sue", to alleviate any confusion. 

Thank you very much Aunt Sue.

(I love being called Aunt Verna by my Great Nephews!)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    No problem! Glad I found RV Sue and crew! 

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Aunt Sue said:
    No problem! Glad I found RV Sue and crew! 

You'll get some good advice from her blog. She mentioned one campground in AZ and it has be one ne of my favorite March time campgrounds.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I love RV Sue & her Crea

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014