Options

Help! Newbie! - Alde

JengmarkJengmark Member Posts: 9
Bought a used 2014 tab.  Can't for the life of us figure out alde and hot water.  Control panel is not digital.  Recognize the rightmost lever is hit water only, hit water heat, off.  Mike is electric or propane. Left is little flames.  Assume flames anoint of heat  ?  Also right knob level 1 thru 5. 5 is highest level but of what ? Control panel does not light up.  Checked fuses. Ok.  Where is stupid hot water mixing valve? No documentation anywhere.   Thought we could figure this out, but may need to go to the dealer 

Comments

• Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    It sounds like you have he one I have.  Here is a link to the control panel manual:  http://www.alde.co.uk/downloads/alde_3010-214_user.pdf
    I hope that helps.
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    In the search box, upper right corner, try searching for Lightning Bolt.  There have been many discussions including that term.  Good Luck.
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    That helps a lot.  Control knob is temp, lightning bolts are electric power level.  Helps to have the explanation.  Don't want the little light on.  Still doesn't work but oh well. 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    You don't say wether you're hooked up to power or running on propane but either way here's what I set (make sure your propane is on and flowing - light a burner)...
    Slider #1 (left) - Two lightning bolts
    Slider #2 (middle) - Flame
    Slider #3 (right) - Water/Heat (middle position)
    Dial - To the little circle - This will probable get to warm but it's a start.
    A few seconds after setting these you should hear the Alde cycle up - it's subtle, not loud.
    Depending on the air temp inside the T@B, you may need to crank the dial up beyond the little circle

With the standard analog panel, nothing lights up unless you're out of propane, then a little red light comes on.
    On a 2014, there isn't a hot/cold mixing valve - Think that was added to 2016 models.
    There is a manual you can download - Sorry, don't have a link - Try the resource area to the right or search for "Alde Manual" or just "Manual"
    Question, did you check the two glass fuses on the Alde unit itself?
  • Options
    No did not check the glass fuses.  Will do that next.  Thx so much guys. 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    Here's the link to the manual for US/Canada versions of the Alde. It includes operation of the analog (slider) control panel.

http://www.alde.se/media/110714/v-3010-60-rev-1487-us-can.pdf

Note that the light on the analog panel should not be on under normal circumstances. It comes on to indicate certain problems (also described in the manual).
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Those fuses are a little tricky to find...under a cover on top of the Alde.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    Lived in Durango for 4 years in the 80s.  Still have at least one friend that lives there.  Phil taylor
  • Options
    Thx Durango tab for the advice

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    We're Colorado (Denver) natives...and Durango's changed in the 6 years we've been here; I'm sure it's changed since the 80's.  I'll keep an eye out for Phil...hey, it's still a small town!

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    bbrimmsbbrimms Member Posts: 8
    PXLated said:
    You don't say wether you're hooked up to power or running on propane but either way here's what I set (make sure your propane is on and flowing - light a burner)...
    Slider #1 (left) - Two lightning bolts
    Slider #2 (middle) - Flame
    Slider #3 (right) - Water/Heat (middle position)
    Dial - To the little circle - This will probable get to warm but it's a start.
    A few seconds after setting these you should hear the Alde cycle up - it's subtle, not loud.
    Depending on the air temp inside the T@B, you may need to crank the dial up beyond the little circle

With the standard analog panel, nothing lights up unless you're out of propane, then a little red light comes on.
    On a 2014, there isn't a hot/cold mixing valve - Think that was added to 2016 models.
    There is a manual you can download - Sorry, don't have a link - Try the resource area to the right or search for "Alde Manual" or just "Manual"
    Question, did you check the two glass fuses on the Alde unit itself?
    Hi PX, I find all the posts very helpful on this site and you're one I see a lot. I was a little confused on 1 area of this post. I understand the settings you have and think that's the way to go, but are these ok to use for a camper that is still in winterized mode? The Slider 3 confused me as I wanted heat, but since no water in it was worried that the heating element for water would get messed up, so went without this weekend on our maiden voyage. Sounds like it isn't a problem in this system, but I was having a hard time finding a definitive answer. 

We are about ready to dewinterize (ugh, Michigan weather) and I know this won't be an issue, but for future reference it would be handy to know. Thanks.
    2016 CS-SMax T@B. ~BB and B
  • Options
    That's the settings I used even when I was winterized way back when - There isn't a setting for just heat on the analog controller that I'm aware of ... slider #3 is either - off - heat & water - no heat just water.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    edited April 2016
    As ST_Bob indicated, the heating elements are the same for both HW and heat. The "HW only" setting fires the heaters (propane and/or electric) but does not engage the circulator pump and thermostat. The "HW and heat" setting turns everything on. That's why a "heat only" setting is unnecessary.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    bbrimmsbbrimms Member Posts: 8
    Great. Thanks guys. It is fun for me to figure all this stuff out and help is always appreciated. 
    2016 CS-SMax T@B. ~BB and B
  • Options
    Nerdy1Nerdy1 Member Posts: 60
    It is amazing how much misinformation is out there.  Our dealer told us we could absolutely not use the Alde without water in the system.  Luckily, PXLated straightened that out right away for us.  
    Maybe one of our more experienced members might take on the thankless chore of creating a manual for the T@B to help all us newbies.  I know I just completed the second right of passage of T@B ownership (the first being unable to work the Alde), I killed my battery! If you guys were not here, I think I would be pretty discouraged.
    T@BOO - 2016 Outback Max S in New Mexico towed by 2016 Toyota Highlander (soon)
  • Options
    Rick and Sandy Stevens did do a real nice manual (PDF) based on their 2014 Max-S. I thought I had a copy but can't seem to find it. Maybe someone else could upload it - Keep in mind that the T@B features change on a fairly regular basis though, new things/features added - would be a start though.
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
  • Options