Options

Placement of Cup Holders in T@b

We have a 2015 T@B Max S. I would like to install a couple of cup holders inside. I have read on the forum of some other owners who have attempted this and have drilled or screwed into the interior panel and have had issues with the holding screws pulling out. I would like to see pictures of the installation if anyone has had success with adding cup holders.

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Industrial Velcro!! Luv the stuff. I put it on the back of the cup holders (link below) and then on strategic locations (2 of them) in the T@B. I also use this stuff to put on the back of my remotes (mind the battery cover) and they STAY on the walls even traveling, but come off easily when I need to use them.

I have the folding cup holders and they can hold a 20 oz beverage (hot or cold), get knocked by a golden, by me, by my pillows and have yet to fail me. I have the silver/dark gray to match the T@Bitha interior. You can place them anywhere. I had them in my LG Reverse TD and didn't even have to put velcro on the walls because the walls were carpeted.

Please don't screw anything into the outside walls without finding an aluminum brace/stud thingie. There are pictures of how the composite is put together and it won't hold much for very long. About the 3M industrial velcro (they have 3 different colors) .... I've accidentally left a small half bottle of water in the velcro attached cup holder and it was still there when I arrived at my house and cup holder never moved. 

http://www.amazon.com/American-Technology-CH-00100-BLK-1-MUGGER-Folding/dp/B000Q86IQQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1461105708&sr=8-2&keywords=rv+cup+holder
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Ratkity said:
    Industrial Velcro!! Luv the stuff. I put it on the back of the cup holders (link below) and then on strategic locations (2 of them) in the T@B. I also use this stuff to put on the back of my remotes (mind the battery cover) and they STAY on the walls even traveling, but come off easily when I need to use them.

I have the folding cup holders and they can hold a 20 oz beverage (hot or cold), get knocked by a golden, by me, by my pillows and have yet to fail me. I have the silver/dark gray to match the T@Bitha interior. You can place them anywhere. I had them in my LG Reverse TD and didn't even have to put velcro on the walls because the walls were carpeted.

Please don't screw anything into the outside walls without finding an aluminum brace/stud thingie. There are pictures of how the composite is put together and it won't hold much for very long. About the 3M industrial velcro (they have 3 different colors) .... I've accidentally left a small half bottle of water in the velcro attached cup holder and it was still there when I arrived at my house and cup holder never moved. 

http://www.amazon.com/American-Technology-CH-00100-BLK-1-MUGGER-Folding/dp/B000Q86IQQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1461105708&sr=8-2&keywords=rv+cup+holder
    Ratkity - does that industrial Velcro ever come off (easily) if one wanted to take it off? Does it damage the walls? 
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    Short answer, No it doesn't come off easily.

I recently repositioned some that had been on a while, but I used heat from a hairdryer to encourage the glue to release.  I put it back on in sort of the same area, so the little bit of glue residue on the wall wasn't a big deal. So yes, it could possibly tear the inside wall if you pulled on it too hard.

You could start with 3M Command Strips that don't (supposedly) mar walls to see if those work with the cup holders. They make a variety of sizes. The problem with those is I've had them mar walls in my house, so I'm leary about yanking those off (or anything that sticks to a delicate wall). 

I usually use a little bit of heat and a plastic putty knife to pull any sticky thing off a wall. Glue residue can be as easy to removed with a little citrus based cleaner and if not, I have a series of cleaners that get stronger (all the way to Goof-Off) that I'll progressively use to get rid of the residue.

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I can attest to the fact that the industrial strength velcro is a real bugger to get off - I'd never use it again unless I was dang sure it was going to be a permanent installation. Have had good lock with Command strips - Doubling up for thicknes and/or width as needed.
  • Options
    TomStephens1TomStephens1 Member Posts: 88
    Wow.  Great idea.  Thanks for the advice on the cup holders.  I'll order two of them right now!
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Agree the industrial is hard to get off w/o destroying what it is attached to. We used the next level down and screws and have not experienced any problems. We mounted one by the TV and one by the door which seems to meet our needs.
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Based on comments, I'll stick (pun intended!) to Command products. Their picture hanging strips with interlocking tabs seem like they'd hold well. Thanks.
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    Mickietucs, let me know how they work out after you've tested them out on a trip or two. I've used them for fairly light things and loved them. 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I've been using Command Velcro strips on one of the wooden T@B key holders from the TeardropStore. I put two sets of the Velcro strips on the rear of the key holder (after cleaning with rubbing alcohol), then I attached it to the wall to the left of the door frame as you walk in (after cleaning with rubbing alcohol). I attached it to the wall in January, and camped for 93 nights in AZ. I put both of my keychains plus two tactical flashlights on it every night and sometimes during the day, too. The flashlights stayed on the cuphooks all the time (yes, I need to clean the rubber swish marks off the wall), except when I was using them. 6,900 miles later, the wooden T@B is still in place. Surely these same Command Velcro strips will hold a 1/2 liter bottle of water or a cup of wine in a cup holder!  

It is very important to use the rubbing alcohol to clean both surfaces, for best results.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Have a key hook like you Verna and a fairly heavy first aid kit hanging in the back of the shower. Been there for 18 months through some fairly rough boondocking trips. And I didn't even use the rubbing alcohol :-)
  • Options
    I love that key hook. I have it on with Command Strips too (but not in the shower like PXL lolol jk), just beside the door.
  • Options
    My keyhook is by the door - It's the FAK that's in the shower area :-)
  • Options
     =)