Options

Vinyl Graphic Cost

Anyone that has added vinyl graphics to their T@B, what was the ballpark cost?

I got an estimate today to add one to the back, a 54"x54" area, that I think was very high at nearly $500.  Am I just expecting too much, or was that really high?

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    @Cyclonic, all one piece or strips? Is it vinyl with an image printed on it or just cut? If printed, more than one color?
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    It all depends. Was that the charge for the decal plus installation? Was it custom or off the shelf?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    edited April 2016
    It would be a custom graphic, one color, with text.  Installation was extra.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    I got mine for abt $50 (online) and install a bit more at $80. Only time will tell how long it lasts. 
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I got mine for abt $50 (online) and install a bit more at $80. Only time will tell how long it lasts. 
    Yeah, if you do the graphic work yourself, you can save some money.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited April 2016
    I bought a couple of rolls of vinyl and I have good friend with a vinyl cutter. Less than $50. Installation is easy. Saturate the area with Windex, then apply the vinyl. That gives you some working time room. Spread out the bubbles with a credit card, then let it sit in the sun for several hours (or if stored inside, for several days), then remove the masking.

Mine are not printed, just solid.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    jkjenn said:
    Yeah, if you do the graphic work yourself, you can save some money.
    I just wanted some words and added the palm tree so pretty simple. 
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    Used to own a sign business. Really high for simple cut and masked graphics. For that size cut and masked, one color, not more than $200. A Graphic that size can be a bit tricky to install, but if you brought the trailer to the shop, maybe $75 a $100 to install. I had a smaller plotter but would have been easy to piece together the palm. There are clear sprays that provide more of a UV protection to keep the color from fading as quickly.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Thanks for the input guys.  I've got a co-worker with a friend that owns a sign shop, going to see what kind of quote he gives me.

Sterling, VA