Options

A Few Tasks Done Today

After running some errands this morning finally got around to doing a couple of little, easy things with the T@Bpole.

Biggest job, after almost a year, I finally got the refrigerator vent fan installed.  Kit went in easy, thanks to instructions provided here, after I cleaned out the opening a bit.

I also added a few new knobs tot he rear cabinets.

Add a magnet to the front of the T@B with a corresponding on to hold the lid of the tongue box up.

And finally a couple of tie downs for the visor, since I never modified the lower keder rail to take the lines.

I have a few other tasks, mainly regreasing the hubs, that I hope to get to tomorrow.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Nathan, I like the idea for the tie downs for the awning.  My rails have not been altered to accept the cords either, although I bought a tool to do it.  Did you do any special anchoring to keep them from pulling out during a high wind?  I always guy mine to the ground, but for a short stay and no wind, the tie downs would be great.  All great mods.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    They are meant for a short, quick stays so I can set it up quickly.  For longer stays I still drive stakes as well.  They do not have any excess anchoring, though I have thought about driving bolts through with a backing to do just that.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Wondering the same on those tie downs - Biggest thing I've run into is winds/gusts in the middle of the night. Perfectly calm at bed time, raging winds at 3am. Not fun taking the Visor down in the middle of the night in wind.
  • Options
    Remembering a very windy night in Cheyenne, you are both right, they are not strong enough, so in go toggle bolts.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Well, Nathan, you caused me some work. :)  I went to Lowe's/Home Depot today (they are just across the street from each other--how great is that) and started nosing around for your hardware.  Before it was all over, I had come up with another idea.  Since I never use the lower rail anyway, I decided to anchor into it knowing it would be stronger.  The rails are not really wide enough for the D-ring base, so used something else.  Here is the result.

All the materials are stainless steel.  Two 9/16 rope loops, four 8 X 3/8 sheet metal screws, two #3 S-binders.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Very nice, I think like that idea a bit better than what I did as well, a very simple solution.

One last project this weekend, this is Becky's favorite.

Everything is now a breeze to get too. 

I am thinking about putting another one in the far corner that would slid over the rails of this one, but I think it would make it too difficult to get to the water tank and pump back there.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    I can see why she'd like it.  Very nice!  I think I have too much stuff crammed into that space for a drawer, and I have to pull it all out when I need something. :)

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    I am working on cutting back what we carry with us.  After three years I find myself cleaning the T@Bpole and finding things that I wonder why I put in there because I had never used it.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Cyclonic said:
    I am working on cutting back what we carry with us.  After three years I find myself cleaning the T@Bpole and finding things that I wonder why I put in there because I had never used it.
    I empty mine down to the bare wood about once a year, and only put about 80% back in. Some is stuff I've gathered at a campout and just tucked in a corner (such as campground maps, rally buttons, loose change, old receipts, Disney Park Maps, daily schedules, some is expired medicine, sun screen, bug spray, the rest is stuff I've decided I don't want to carry anymore cause I don't use it.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    You could say that.  Even repacked the hubs Monday.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    I vaguely remember packing as much stuff and I could get under the bench seat not long after I got my T@B...you know, all those things people said I couldn't do without.  I seem to recall a cordless vacuum, and maybe a wiener-roasting fork, but can't recall anything else.  Well, I leave the bed made up all the time and haven't looked under there in almost two years.  I suppose it's about clean-out time.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Cyclonic - Those must be the surge brakes - no magnet.
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    Cyclonic - That is a great shot that also shows where a safe place to put the jack is. That is right where I put mine also. That vertical plate is very strong & is wonderful for lifting the trailer. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    @PXLated Yup, hydraulic surge brakes.

@gulfarea Thanks, it is a good shot, with my phone none the less.  That is the best place on the T@B to put a jack.  Not only is it a strong point, because it is at the axle it is well balanced, and it is a level spot in the frame.  Most of the frame has an angle.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    catndahatscatndahats Member Posts: 50
    Hey Nathan and anyone else, another axle grease question.  Our T@B Q (2014) has buddy bearings with a zerk fitting.  Do you have to remove the wheels, or will just pumping grease into the bearing do the same job?
    Nate
    Nate & Cheryl
    Seabrook, TX
    2014 T@B Q Max, 2012 Toyota Tundra 4.6
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    *sneaks by Cyclonic's house on the way to the factory (mid May) to secretly drop her T@Bitha by for the next "Cyclonic Surge" of energy; just to see if he notices the extra T@B looking cute and perhaps needing some "few tasks" that could be done to her this season*
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ST_Bob said:
    You might find it easier to remove the old grease that gets pushed out the back if you remove the wheels.  If you don't mind crawling around on the ground and laying on your back under the trailer, you can probably wipe off the excess grease with a rag without jacking up the trailer or removing the wheel.
    Agreed.  The recommendation is to grease every 6000 miles and inspect once a year.  I just do it all at once and inspect the brakes as well.  You want to look for any excessive wear on the bearings.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Cyclonic said:
    Very nice, I think like that idea a bit better than what I did as well, a very simple solution.

One last project this weekend, this is Becky's favorite.

Everything is now a breeze to get too. 

I am thinking about putting another one in the far corner that would slid over the rails of this one, but I think it would make it too difficult to get to the water tank and pump back there.
    Very nice. Where did you get the pullout?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Came across it at Bed Bath and Beyond.  They had a few different types.  The basket on this one is very heavy duty and can easily be pulled up off the rails if I need to get to the back cabinet.

Sterling, VA