Options

Positive and negative wires to battery from trailer?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    yes but, those 5.25 floppies could hold a mega pile on that 720k area...
    Apple 2c, 2GS, IBM 286, 386, 486, Pentium 1, gets blurry after that.  300 baud, 1200,2400, 56K, Phone line, then cable...
    "Quintilius Varus, give me back my money...!"

Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    You guys think that junk impresses me? THIS was my first computer. https://research.archives.gov/id/6462015
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Ya but, we bought ours:-)
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    PXLated said:
    Ya but, we bought ours:-)
    We bought hers too.

You know, we may still have one of those around where I work.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Oh, you bought mine too.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    LOL. My first computer was a Timex Sinclair - 16k, "the most memory you'd ever need" and written in BASIC. Next was the IBM PC jr (infrared kb one 5.25" drive, b&w tv as monitor), then an IBM "luggable" - 40 lbs of amber screen and replaced one of the double-sided 5.25" floppy drives and I put a 20 mg hd in it (remember the "double-sided" floppy scam? Just a notch). Dad wouldn't let me have a 300 baud modem for the first IBM PC he bought (he worked at IBM for 34 yrs). He was afraid I'd get into too much trouble. As it was, I was able to break every TSR script his buddies wrote (had to write down the keystrokes though). Programming was much more efficient back then compared to the sloppy stuff I encounter daily. Alas, a stroll down geek-memory lane!

I am still called to break software programs at work. It's a gift/curse. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    I learned programming in college on 80 column Hollerith cards.   Darn.. Typing mistake.. Start a new card... Darn... Another...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Man, and I thought I was old :-)
  • Options
    Dad used to bring those cards home for us to play with... Mom could never find her scissors when she needed them and the punches (chads in the voting world) would get everywhere when he gave them to us. She banned them from the house lol.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    @TerryV6, me too - Boxes of cards with a diagonal marker stripe across the tops of the cards in case (heaven forbid) you dropped the box. Fortran IV.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    As long as we are trotting out our old hardware, this is my first computer that wasn't purchased by the U.S. taxpayers. I built it from a schematic in a 1976 Popular Electronics magazine. I was living in England at the time and many of the components at the Radio Shack store in Oxford were manufactured in Russia. I felt terribly guilty about buying them. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COSMAC_ELF
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I really do appreciate how yous make me feel young :lol:

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    @TerryV6, me too - Boxes of cards with a diagonal marker stripe across the tops of the cards in case (heaven forbid) you dropped the box. Fortran IV.

And cobol too...  Yes,  don't drop your card box before getting them to the card reader.   Your program didn't run as well if the cards were out of order... 
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Photomom said:
    As long as we are trotting out our old hardware, this is my first computer that wasn't purchased by the U.S. taxpayers. I built it from a schematic in a 1976 Popular Electronics magazine. I was living in England at the time and many of the components at the Radio Shack store in Oxford were manufactured in Russia. I felt terribly guilty about buying them. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COSMAC_ELF

Very cool photomom..!   And you are the geocacher too?   Wow...  I guess we are all a little older than 50...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Yes, I am older than 50. But I still feel like I'm 27 and all the world is in front of me.
  • Options
    Way to think...  My brother thinks I should act my age...   Of course I've stopped wreak and ice diving.... 
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Ya'll are just young punks - barely out of diapers :-)
  • Options
    At least we are not yet in them again.... 
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    I'm hoping to stave it off for another decade - After that, no guarantees :-(
  • Options
    I think I'm regressing. I went from road and intense mountain biking to Harleys, mor powah and eyeing the open road. I wish I had time to ship my bike to Sugarcreek, OH while I get some factory work done on the T@Bitha so I could ride around there. My dream is to have a winch-lift ramp system (there's a couple that will fit my medium-sized truck), but need to get with a welder to shore up the steel bed for the winches. *sigh*