Options

bring your pups camping

IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
I know there was a thread of puppy/doggy camping pictures, however I cannot locate it.
If there isn't one, can we create one?
 =) 

Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I think you just did.

BTW, sticking with my cats.  I like dogs, other people's dogs.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Rocky can't wait to go west!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited July 2018
    Or..."I'll get even with you for putting that rediculous hat on me - Only dogs put up with that”
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

This says: "Mom, let's play I'll run, you chase in this wonderful soft sand!"  (Monahan's Sandhill State Park, Texas)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Verna's got the right idea - Dogs actually camping :-)
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    My first pound puppy was an Aussie/Shepard mix (med size). She absolutely LOVED sand. Rolled, dug, shook it all over, made happy puppy noises no matter what age. She was the best camping dog. I was backpacking then and she wore her backpack and carried her own food and any trash we needed to pick up on the trail. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    From two weeks ago at West Branch State Park:

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    And what is the reindeer's name? LOL..

"My stuff, my spot!" *w00f!*
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    And what is the reindeer's name? LOL..

"My stuff, my spot!" *w00f!*
    He is on his second reindeer. He has loved this toy since I first brought him home. :)

• Options
    Here's our co-pilot, Shelby.  B)

• Options
    Is Shelby a "backseat driver"? My two golden retriever "pups" were larger and demanded a couple french fries for guard duty during pit stops. They loved to ride and camp! 5x10 Reverse TD with two large goldens and me. One big cuddle puddle. :)
  • Options
    C&BC&B Member Posts: 8

Our GoldenDoodle Rosie at Longbeach, Wa.  She loves the ocean and drying out in the sand!
    Chet & Bonnie
    2016 T@B CS-S
  • Options
    Awwww, another sand-loving pup! Hugs to Rosie!
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432

Leo's "I'm ready for a walk now" look

Kobe the "door guard"
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Kobe looks fierce! LOL. "Excuse me, Mr. Zombie, you looking for someone? Jes move along pleaz until mah human returns"
  • Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    sabel said:
    Bear Protection 
    I worry about Rocky being bear bait, lol!

• Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    jkjenn said:
    sabel said:
    Bear Protection 

@jkjenn, in Colorado, I'd worry more about coyotes, mountain lions and owls than bears.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    jkjenn said:
    sabel said:
    Bear Protection 

@jkjenn, in Colorado, I'd worry more about coyotes, mountain lions and owls than bears.
    Yes, I have thought about mountain lions and coyotes but had forgotten about owls. Growing up, a Kingfisher bird swooped down and stole my kitty right out of the front yard. Believe it or not, the kitty turned up 3 days later! Rocky won't be left unattended outside, believe me.

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Several years ago I was on a hiking weekend down in PA. One of the women had a chihuahua who was her backpacking and camping companion. It had its own tiny tent for sleeping, and she had trained it to drop and be still when saw gave the command "hawk."
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    jkjenn said:
    sabel said:
    Bear Protection 

Them big kitties are sneaky!! So are the big raptors.
  • Options
    Thankfully no incidents with Shelby. A coyote was brave enough to enter our back garden; husband and Shelby happened upon him around 2 in the am. He sniffed the air, stood a while, Shelby stayed right next to Mike, barking away, giving him the business. After about 30 seconds, he turned tail & casually padded off.
    We have hawks, falcons & owls in our area also. Never thought of owls being a threat to her. 
    Shelby is superfast; she has caught up to many a squirrel. (Both walked away unscathed.) I'd be more concerned about said owl! 

• Options
    We have fox, coyote, and bobcat sightings in my little neck of the woods which is barely suburban.

• Options
    Awwwwwwww!
  • Options
    My travel companions, Ester and Kohl

Oh look at these two facey faces!  =)  =)
    that head tilt! 

• Options
    jschemeljschemel Member Posts: 79
    Our retriever, Holly, loves guarding us and her T@B. Here we are at the Nor Cal Olema relly last weekend. She met 7 other dogs and we met many new friends with T@Bs
    Jaynie and Larry - Palo Alto, CA - 2015 T@B CS-S - Expedition EL - Nights spent in "T@b Spirit of Holly" 97
    (9/22/19/
  • Options
    anitakcheunganitakcheung Member Posts: 3
    Hello - I am new to this forum & new to T@B camping. We will have our first camping trip in the T@B in 2 weeks - just wondering - is it safe to keep my dog in the T@B alone while we are out during the day?

• Options
    Hello - I am new to this forum & new to T@B camping. We will have our first camping trip in the T@B in 2 weeks - just wondering - is it safe to keep my dog in the T@B alone while we are out during the day?

This is often debated amongst RVers. The short answer is, yes, given the right conditions:
    • You should not leave your dog if he or she is a barker. You should test this to make sure, because you may not know what goes on when you are gone. If your dog is a barker, you should not leave your dog. It's just inconsiderate. You can train a dog not to bark via positive training.
    • Just like a car, temperature can be a concern. Even if you run the a/c, there can be a power outage.
    • Some dogs become destructive when in a camper. Introduce the dog slowly to the T@b and make it a rewarding experience for him or her. I started by watching TV in the backyard with him and giving him lots of treats.
    • Sometimes you can find a neighbor to swap dogsitting with or use a local doggy day care.
    • If you intend on leaving your pup, make sure there is a way for you to be contacted, either by leaving your number with the camp host or taping it to your door.