T@B University

Comments

• AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    Newbies should watch the move "RV" showing what NOT to do.  Should be mandatory Intro to RVing.

Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Allie said:
    Newbies should watch the move "RV" showing what NOT to do.  Should be mandatory Intro to RVing.

I have never seen it.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Amazon Prime has it but it's $3.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    Allie said:

I totally agree, love that movie.  We had never seen it until after we purchased our first travel trailer.  It really shows you what NOT to do, but even with the mistakes, going RV camping brought their family together.  
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    I agree 100% :o
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

All newbies, Welcome to T@B university! Make sure you go back & read ALL the posts, if for nothing else, a good laugh. I just re-read them all & it still cracks me up. PXL, really, Nome Alaska? Maybe we should just go to the source and ask Michigan_Mike about badges. :o  Wait, we don't need no stinkin' badges! [ would be pretty cool though!]  =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    We do like to keep it friendly and loose here. You'll quickly discover which are the looser ones - I could name names but we'll let you discover that on your own :-)
  • j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133

I may not admit to any similar mistakes from the movie that I may have made...without a shot or two of whiskey  :o

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

j_ntabowners, Always makes a better story that way too!
    Spokane, Wa.

PXL,  :o:s=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133
    :)

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    If they're that loose, PXL, then a size smaller size pair of skivvies are necessary, maybe even save you an indecent exposure charge! But then where you camp, you'd probably just be adding to the current moon cycle. I think that may be why the coyotes seem to be howling more whenever you're in the area! Note: I said nothing about pink bunnies or flamingos.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    There's also the annoying ones :-)
    PXLated said:
    There's also the annoying ones :-)
    Muhahahahahahaha :lol: No, it never gets old, PXL. Just when you think they're gone.......bad penny style!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    Ratkity, remember the coffee thing PXL got 'ya with? You just got me mid-stream, and yes to the nose thing! :s;)
    Spokane, Wa.

^^^ My work here is done.... maybe :wink:
    Ratkity, Really, I had to clean my keyboard, AND blow my nose, AND get a fresh cup of coffee! Clean up- aisle 3! :o From now on, I'm sipping between reading! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

I keep saying that @ericnliz, but then my caffeine-deprived brain cell forgets and I do it again! Hard to train old brain cells.
    My Rolodex gets stuck between pages once in a while too! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

See what I mean - They self identify :-)
    edited March 2017
    They're baaaaaaaaack! Good morning PXL! ;) And, for the "new" folks, welcome to T@B University! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

@ChanW,
    • "Successfully replacing plumbing part or parts after having unsuccessfully winterized  Chan, could you elaborate on this a little? Would be interesting to know what happened. Thanks. Eric
    Spokane, Wa.

• 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    We need to get this thread going again.  I keep waiting to see these T@b Merit badges I am earning!  I keep hoping one will be a bumper sticker or decal for my car that designates I am a T@bber even when it is not hooked up to my TV.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

@2Cougs, 'Ya just need to get the shirt! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

edited June 2017
    See, there REALLY is one! Liz opted for a purple one with white graphics!
    Spokane, Wa.

• ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Eric, I'm actually quite experienced at it! (Fixing my screwups)

The first was, after having thoroughly winterized, we did a bit of winter camping, and we used the gray water tank. Drained it out while it was still 'warm', but neglected to run antifreeze through the drain's gate valve (after we returned home, I was keeping the interior warm with the Alde for a few days, to take time to clean out the Tab)
    The tiny bit of water in the gate valve froze, cracking the valve. 
    So I learned how to change a gate valve!

I learned about pulling the toilet and changing the inlet valve similarly, probably because I hadn't "blown" the lines out, I'd only let them drain by gravity.

Blowing pipes works better.

ericnliz said:
    @ChanW,
    • "Successfully replacing plumbing part or parts after having unsuccessfully winterized  Chan, could you elaborate on this a little? Would be interesting to know what happened. Thanks. Eric

Elaborate? Nothing elaborate about it... B-)

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    @ChanW, Have to agree, about nothing elaborate, just have to make sure 'ya get it ALL blown out of the lines! Glad to hear it wasn't too bad of a fix. Gate valve I could do....me in the wet bath trying to get the toilet out....somebody would either be laughing REALLY hard, or a call to the Fire Dept. with "jaws of life" would be in order!  :o:s
    Spokane, Wa.

edited June 2017
    ericnliz said:
    @ChanW, Have to agree, about nothing elaborate, just have to make sure 'ya get it ALL blown out of the lines! Glad to hear it wasn't too bad of a fix. Gate valve I could do....me in the wet bath trying to get the toilet out....somebody would either be laughing REALLY hard, or a call to the Fire Dept. with "jaws of life" would be in order!  :o:s
    Ok.. Liz has GOT to learn to use a recording device when you do these things. It'd probably be sorta bouncy because of the laughter, so get her one with image stability built in! :rofl:
    @Ratkity , Should have known you wouldn't pass up that opportunity for a good chuckle! Why do you think I wait until she's out of the vicinity to start something that might, perhaps, or even remotely put me in a compromising position?  ;):D
    Spokane, Wa.

edited June 2017
    Hrm... Liz could always put a homing beacon on you and bell chime security on the T@B's door. I'd be a cool system. She could even be at the grocery store and remotely control the camera system (preventing imaging jumping when she's laughing). I'll start drawing up the schematics!!! :lol: