Options

Jammed Entrance Entry Door Lock Handle

JltabJltab Member Posts: 89
Just happed this weekend, arrived at the campsite open the door took all the stuff, shut the door, did all the usual set up, came back to open the door, it jammed!!!!!. Unfortunately, left the key inside the T@B..So, I had to yank the handle to open. Now it's broken...Did this happen to anybody?.. Is this covered by Warranty? 
2016 T@B Maxx S, Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• Options
    JltabJltab Member Posts: 89
    I contacted PV, they will send me a replacement. Thanks to Elsie Miller from Pleasant Valley for prompt response. 
    2016 T@B Maxx S, Nissan Pathfinder
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Mine has gotten really hard to lock/unlock at times - think it has to do with the terrain it's sitting on. The T@B seems to flex ever so slightly. I keep my spare key in the TV so I never get locked out :-)
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    WD-40 never hurts...
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited May 2016
    I also keep a set of key spares in the TV. They have proven beneficial once. That was enough.

Incoming Spare Key Story.......
    This was beneficial when I went white water rafting down the Ocowee river (used for class 5 rapids in Olympics in 80s) and we lost our waterproof box with my camper keys, my sister's watch, my credit card and the other person's truck keys (big dually - she drove us to the rafting company).

When we go off the river after an all-day rafting trip, we had to find a big flatbed who was able to accommodate 5 adults in the cab and a heavy duty dually pickup on the bed.  We found one (he unlocked that old pickup awfully quick without keys)! The extra keys to the camper allowed me to hitch up and start home the next day. I was thankful I just took a cc and didn't take wallet contents.

Insult to injury, it poured rain on the way home while riding in the tow truck. We came back to the campsite to wet tent items and I left the vent open for the little teardrop. Not fun sleeping in a wet spot in the center of the bed... from the rain! (geesh). :) Good thing I had towels and extra sheets. Dried out just fine. I did have to carefully pull the screen out of the channel to reach inside the camper to grab my TV keys (this was my small TD, not the T@B - I knew where to reach).  By that time, it was late, we were hungry with a grumpy teenager. Found a small local restaurant bar about to close that stayed open and made us food - cheese sticks have never tasted so good!. Back at the campsite (KOA), all washers and dryers were used to dry tent items.

Next day (Sun), poor truck owner went to find a dealer to make keys for the truck (towed to campground). Sister was on hand with her truck to drive her friend (dually owner) anywhere.

Then miracles of miracles, on Sun morning when I called my cc company to let them know the river had eaten the card, someone had already called and left a message that they found the little floating box and left a name and number to come get it with directions where-about where she was staying. I was on my way home when I had pulled off the road to make the bank call (cell signal issues). Took a bit to get the msg to my sister and the dually owner. Then they had to play "chase the yellow box" and find the person.

It was like a scavenger hunt because this nice person left messages where she'd be as she moved from one campground to another on the other side of this mountain. LOL. Big hugs and rewards to the young couple who were so sweet to do this and to the rangers who kept the messages just in case. Happy endings all around. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)