Options

Anderson Leveler

I thought of buying this leveler, anybody had used them? and also due to the limited clearance of the T@B anybody encountered an issue? Thanks!
2016 T@B Maxx S, Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    @Jltab there have been many, including a very recent discussion on this. Please try the search function.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yep, this is a regular topic that comes up so as Jenn says, use the search.
    What you'll find is people are passionate about their choices - Anderson, BAL, and Lego Blocks
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Both! Yes! Maybe! All! LOL - That's what you'll find. :) Don't worry, you need something to start off with and maybe reading some of the threads will help you sort out what will work for your needs. I take the "combo" approach. Best of luck in your search!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    I'll probably get killed for this but it seems a summary would be...
    Anderson is a two person deal - one driving on, one watching
    BAL is one person side/side - Make sure to keep the gear clean.
    Blocks are the most versatile.

Anderson and BAL (unless you buy two) are limited to side/side leveling when unhooked.
    Blocks can do side/side as well as front/back (even raising the TV) while hooked up.

Good luck :-)
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    edited May 2016
    Yup, pretty much sums it up. in terms of capabilities.

Anderson's are also the most compact and take the guess work out of leveling, but you need two people to do it.
    Blocks are very compact, can be used solo, but takes some guess work and skill to back the trailer up on them and get level.
    BAL is big and heavy, but can be used solo and with a power drill can level the trailer in seconds easily.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    If you have the levels where one tick mark on the bubble =s one block, it's pretty quick and painless
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    You cannot get more precise than with a BAL. :)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    JltabJltab Member Posts: 89
    Thanks everyone
    2016 T@B Maxx S, Nissan Pathfinder
  • Options
    Ok, lets close this one or we'll be off in the leveling rabbit hole for the umpteenth time :-(
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

Here's a photo of the Anderson Leveler in use.  After numerous attempts without help, I finally had to enlist another camper to guide me to the "sweet spot" of level.  This system really needs two people.  I ordered a new screw rod and socket for my BAL ($15 plus shipping).  After using both, the BAL is best for single campers.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Wow, that's a messy setup - Is that a campgrounds or boondocking?
  • Options
    @OutbackAZ That is one messy campsite!

• Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
    That is neither camping or boondocking. It's insanely fun.
  • Options
    Near the Palatki Historical Site, Sedona, Arizona. Pure  Boondocking. Heavenly weather with light to heavy rain. The soil absorbes the rain very quickly. Thanks to Phulishcat for finding it. 5,000 year old petroclifs nearby.
  • Options
    BTW, even with overcast skies, the Zamp solar kept my battery charged. Did not have to use the generator at all. And that's with judious use of the microwave.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I use the Anderson Leveler by myself, but I'm so used to leveling and parking a small camper (also have Legos) that I don't have an issue. Oh.. wait.. close topic. Dang-it. 

RZ, wow about microwave and panels! Uh... I think it looks like a scary messy site lol. Good thing you said it dries fast. Then there's that dust that PXL is constantly fighting. I grew up in "red clay" country in the south and hated how it stained everything! I found out that Rit Dye used to have a "rust remover" for clothes that worked getting stains out. Just imagine an excited little/big furkid flying out the door and then running in before a paw cleaning! lol - I love the pet picts on the other thread, btw!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)