Options

Petite lady yanks 12v plug out of socket!

mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
PXL's advice for a few of my issues is "muscle it". It's worked on the coupler and a few other areas but didn't help on the front window (Verna - did you ever hear back from Ed?).  But now I really overdid the muscle. Plugged in an inverter (to charge my laptop). Couldn't get it out and yanked really hard. The black "plug" fell out of the socket! Well, it's still attached somewhere inside but I can't get it back in. Does anyone know how those are attached? Pressure? I tried muscling it back in - didn't work. I didn't see a way to get the white plate off (2016 S model - charging station up under the radio where the 2 usb plugs are also).  If someone knows the answer, would you send me a message (so I can see it in my email? I don't get on wifi much). Thank you!!
Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I've not heard from Ed, yet, Michele. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    The white plate pops off with your fingernail, or if you are careful a thin screwdriver. Careful not to gouge the surrounding area. Then you can see to take the usb/12V outlet combo out. Yes, the 12V sleeve is in there by friction in most of the outlets I've encountered (doesn't mean all). The one in my truck slides out and I have to wiggle the plug a bit and I push it back in. Hope this helps, mic!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Thanks Ratkity - may try this...
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Michele, I added Ed's comment to the other discussion about your window. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Ratkity said:
    The white plate pops off with your fingernail, or if you are careful a thin screwdriver. Careful not to gouge the surrounding area.
    A plastic food scraper works well for these scenarios.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Oh! Plastic food scraper! Of course. I was thinking a nice plastic putty knife, but a thin kitchen scraper or spatula will work. I don't have much in the form of kitchen utensils, so my mind doesn't usually go there for solutions lol.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Well, you only need a food scrapper if you're real messy with food prep :-)
    Personally, I just lick it up. Kinda like licking the fudge spoon. One less utincile to carry and my tongue is always with me :-)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I use my food scraper more for other things then I do for food, lol.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I was just looking - Incredibly, I have a food scrapper. Where in the world did that come from?
    My tongue isn't going to like having competition I can tell ya that.