front window shatters or cracks

SueBSueB Member Posts: 5
Last year while on a trip the front window of our 2014 tab shattered. We replaced it with the acrylic window that opens. On our first trip out the New window got a crack from a rock. Is there a cover for the window to keep this from happening?

Comments

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Haven't seen or heard of one.
    Are these rocks or whatever coming from oncoming traffic or being kicked up by your TV? If the later, maybe some mud flaps would be the answer.
    Frustrating I know - My Jeep windshield gets replaced every six months it seems - Needs it again now.

• RonRon Member Posts: 137
    Wrangler windshields come with a bullseye only visible to oncoming vehicles when underway!!
    2016 T@B MaxS, 2018 Jeep Rubicon 4dr, Rural Scottsdale, Az.
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    SueB said:
    Last year while on a trip the front window of our 2014 tab shattered. We replaced it with the acrylic window that opens. On our first trip out the New window got a crack from a rock. Is there a cover for the window to keep this from happening?
    Wow. What luck!

Was replacing window easy? I have thought it would be nice to have a front window that opens.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• SueBSueB Member Posts: 5
    I had rv dealer do the window and then had to get new screen shade that would be flush with trailer.
    We have mud flaps on vehicle so I assume the rocks are from oncoming vehicles.
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I'm trying to imagine a rock getting past my Jeep to the T@B window - The Jeep roof is actually higher than the window and with the short tongue, it'd be difficult. What type of TV do you have? If low, would some kind of roof refkector work? - Just mentally doodling.
    We pull trailer with a Tacoma pick up with a canopy. The canopy is as high as the top of the window. Not sure what is causing the problem when traveling. No gravel roads on last trip. Only highways.