Options

How do you open up the T@B table?

vitovito Member Posts: 181
edited October 2017 in Trailer & Towing
I'm on my first trip this season and I can't remember how to open and fold the table!!! I actually got it done but not sure how. Then it was really hard to get it open again. I banged it around and finally it came up but for the life of me I don't know what I did that finally worked. Help!
2016 T@b S Maxx
2011 Subaru Outback
Rockford, Illinois

Comments

• Options
    leroybortleroybort Member Posts: 61
    It's hopeless.  Leave it in the position for the bed (assuming you need the full bed) and then look at what most everyone else has done with slats and other tables.  That horrible table will drive you mad otherwise.
    Sug@rsh@ck -  2016 Max S Outback, 2016 Nissan Pathfinder.  
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    On the leg of the table there is a knob (I think the newer ones are yellow).  Pull the knob out and at the same time pull the table toward you.  It will swing down and into place.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    WHAT LEROYBORT SAID!!!!!  :o
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    It helps if you put your foot on the bottom leg of the table (the one on the floor) to hold it down while you pull on the top...

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    This has come up a couple of times quite recently. Personally, I agree with leroybort, but if you must operate that darn thing you might find the tips in this thread vaguely helpful:

http://www.tab-rv.com/forum#/discussion/comment/36415

2015 T@B S

• Options
    source3source3 Member Posts: 142
    I use Kroil Penetrating Oil on all table pivot points.  Once at the beginning of the season then half way through.  Without the oil the table is difficult to raise/lower.  I used Kroil as I already had it and it works great. 
    Andrew P. 
    Durango, CO

• Options
    JodellRJodellR Member Posts: 67
    leroybort said:
    It's hopeless.  Leave it in the position for the bed (assuming you need the full bed) and then look at what most everyone else has done with slats and other tables.  That horrible table will drive you mad otherwise.
    I actually think the T@b table is like that old quilting myth where mistakes in antique quilts were made on purpose to demonstrate humility.  The T@b otherwise is pretty much perfect.  I have actually started to put my table sideways in the folded position. It gives me more floor room during the day and is a bit of a rail along the driver side cushions.   But really that is just a hack when I am too lazy to remove it altogether.
    2015 Yellow/White T@b Max S, 2015 Navy Blue VW Tiguan TV, 2 yr English Bulldog navigator
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I brought my T@B table into the house the day I brought her home. Goodwill is going to be the recipient of that heavy monster table this week. I love my Lagun table and want nothing to do with the heavy monster! 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    We dumped our for the Lagun and now use the table in the office for a sewing machine or work table

John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    AlanAlan Member Posts: 120
    I like the T@B table a lot. I'm a little surprised it has become such an issue. However, good for all of you who have found superior approaches the the table/bed issue. 
  • Options
    The table has always been an ongoing dispute in our house.  @schizokeet likes the table, I don't.  Slats have been made because she doesn't have to move it all the time.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Pooooof - The table was out of there in a blink of an eye.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yeah, now I can't get my table to "compress" so I can take it to Goodwill. I'll take it in the upright position!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    vitovito Member Posts: 181
    Thanks for the advise. I'd get rid of the table and leave the bed up but what then in bad weather? And what is this Lagun table mentioned a few times?

2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Oil the pivot points. It helps.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    vito - Search "Lagun" and you should find a bunch of info in 2-3 threads.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    vito said:
    Thanks for the advise. I'd get rid of the table and leave the bed up but what then in bad weather? And what is this Lagun table mentioned a few times?

Kidding aside, I think the table (despite it's slightly unintuitive operation) is a pretty clever design for the dual purpose it must serve. In our case, however, we rarely sit inside, and the bed stays up full-time. I'm planning to ditch the table for rails and slats, mostly to reclaim some space under it, as the frame is quite bulky.

The Lagun is cool, but pretty spendy for something that will get limited playing time. We're thinking a lightweight medium-sized collapsing table that can be used inside and out.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    This one was posted a number of times, but we went with it.  It is a 20x30 table shown here.  I think we paid $30.

Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    lara9209lara9209 Member Posts: 45
    Be careful when leaning original table on seat cushions while opening and closing ... It cut my seat covers 2 times before we got rid of it
    John & Lisa, 2016 M@x S, Silver/Yellow, Hood Canal, WA, TV = 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    Since I keep the bed down full time, I separated the table top from the leg mechanism, using the table top for support, stored the mechanism to put together again when I sell the T@B.  Use a TV tray for an indoor table when needed.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    ScottG said:
    vito said:

Kidding aside, I think the table (despite it's slightly unintuitive operation) is a pretty clever design for the dual purpose it must serve. In our case, however, we rarely sit inside, and the bed stays up full-time. I'm planning to ditch the table for rails and slats, mostly to reclaim some space under it, as the frame is quite bulky.

The Lagun is cool, but pretty spendy for something that will get limited playing time. We're thinking a lightweight medium-sized collapsing table that can be used inside and out.
    That is the main reason I ditched it too, besides the hassle of moving it around, now I can put baskets under there with stuff to keep it handy.

Sterling, VA